Which one to buy? Lots of confusions!

Ragu nandhan

Estimable
Dec 11, 2014
I shortlisted some of the budget laptops but it's confusing to select the right one...so guys please suggest me the best.

Acer aspire 5 i5 8th gen and mx150
Acer nitro with i5 8th gen and mx 150
Lenovo IdeaPad 520 i58th gen and mx 150
Asus s15 i58th gen and mx150

Solution
OK, it's the 1.6GHz version that will boost to 3.40GHz. I would imagine for light CAD projects this CPU/GPU setup should be adequate. At some point, depending on the specific software you're using and your career, you might consider a Xeon-based laptop.

I would still recommend the Lenovo, not least because of the Novo button that will allow you to reset/restore the computer if Windows decides to die on you. This feature has saved me on more occasions than I care to admit, and it's pretty much unique to Lenovo machines.
Can you provide the full CPU names? While I assume they're either 8250U or 8550U there are some minor differences that might be relevant for CAD work.

Will you be using the laptop on-the-go, or will you mainly be working from an office desk? Lenovo IdeaPads typically offer 4 to 5 hours of battery life, while ASUS laptops are often quite long-lasting - in the 9 to 10 hours range. Acers tend to fall somewhere in the middle, something like 6 to 7 hours.

In terms of build-quality, I would rate Lenovo ahead of ASUS with Acer in the last spot.

OK, it's the 1.6GHz version that will boost to 3.40GHz. I would imagine for light CAD projects this CPU/GPU setup should be adequate. At some point, depending on the specific software you're using and your career, you might consider a Xeon-based laptop.

I would still recommend the Lenovo, not least because of the Novo button that will allow you to reset/restore the computer if Windows decides to die on you. This feature has saved me on more occasions than I care to admit, and it's pretty much unique to Lenovo machines.

Solution