Which Tv Tuner Do I need?

Cannondale151

Honorable
Apr 11, 2013
I want to cut cable. I'd like to have cable card option on the tuner, but also over the air stuff too.

I need it to record stuff to my PC. I have windows 8 with windows media center purchased. I probably will stream the recorded stuff over to my xbox 360.

Also I'm not sure what antenna I'd need to get. I have a samsung TV that has a built in tuner for over the air and clear QAM. My model is un46c6500vf.

I'm tired of paying for cable. They recently priced hiked my bill $79.

My plan is to record cablecard TV or over the air to my PC to stream to to my xbox 360. (My PC isn't near my TV to just use HDMI)

I'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure what I need. If I could use an antenna with my TV and not even use cablecard, that would be great...but not sure if I could get all the channels.

I live in Columbia, SC 29201.

Solution
Only with a cable subscription do you need a cablecard solution. Your best bet would be to go with something like the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 for over-the-air digital transmissions.

You don't need any special antenna for digital airwave broadcasts. Even a set of rabbit ears would probably get you some channels. Regardless, I probably wouldn't spend more than $25 for an indoor antenna.

Your XBox 360 should work just fine as a Media Center Extender. There shouldn't be any issues there.

-Wolf sends
Only with a cable subscription do you need a cablecard solution. Your best bet would be to go with something like the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 for over-the-air digital transmissions.

You don't need any special antenna for digital airwave broadcasts. Even a set of rabbit ears would probably get you some channels. Regardless, I probably wouldn't spend more than $25 for an indoor antenna.

Your XBox 360 should work just fine as a Media Center Extender. There shouldn't be any issues there.

-Wolf sends

Solution