Which TV would you chose for same price? LG 55UH6030 vs Samsung UN55KU6290F

Xboxerj

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
Good evening. I have the option to buy my first 4k tv and these are the same price. Which one is a better model and why?

LG 55UH6030
http://

Samsung UN55KU6290FXZA
http://

Thank you for your help. I also don't know why the links don't show the whole name in the link but they do go to the correct product pages.

Solution
i have a samsung 40" with that options, for gaming is awful, lots of ghosting

the old 240hz lg i have here ha nothing of that, neither the sony, but this sony is a pita, has so much weird problems, i can't recomend anyone to buy a sony tv anymore, also had 1 dead tv from them that only lasted 2 years, the screen now is part green, yellow and greyish, like it was broken but is not, the problem progressed over the days, was something really sad to see

currently in my house and the house of other friend and family lots of samsung and lg are doing just great, but yes, the 60hz you mention, for gaming is awfull

i was sort of expecting it to happen, so i wasn't too surprised when it happened butthe price was great fo it, so it was easy to...

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
the third option would be a sony tv, but this days i only trust in samsung and lg, so you seem to have two decent options there

the lg is 120hz, that is very good for gaming and watching movies, it eliminates almost all ghosting effects, i have a sony tv with that refresh rate and i almost never have the ghosting

samsung is also 120hz

i do like more lg design style but samsung is quite decent, the remote control on samsung is more pretty on some models, try to see it by yourself before buying, sounds a bit dumb but if you use it alot as smart tv, you might use the remote alot so it matters

Darthutos

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
the LG doesn't have reputable reviews when googled. a bad sign.
edit: how can it be 120hz 4k? it doesn't even have display port and even with a dp max is 60hz 4k.
the 120hz must not be 4k, some other resolution perhaps.

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
the 120hz can be for displayed content from air tv or smart tv part or as you ay for 1080p

the bad reviews are important to consider but if you look for samsung you will find bad reviews too, bad colors, slow response, dead units, the same as always, still worth to consider

Darthutos

Estimable
Sep 15, 2014
what I meant with 120hz does not exist for either hdmi 2.0b or display port 1.4. at 4k

also bad reviews vs no reviews at reputable site are different things. e.g. jonnyguru says you're psu is no good vs. you can't find psu reviews at jonnyguru but only some user reviews at bestbuy.com.

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
i get what you say, it is correct

sometimes no reviews means not much, but it is a reason to be concerned

still, if you search too much, you end up not buying anything, i say that from experience

also if you buy a product and you are not happy with it, you can return it, as long as you don't break it, as is the case for most tvs so take a lot at them while they function on a store, hear their good or bad quality speakers, the color quality, image response, the ghosting, that is what decides in the end what you would like or not

last time i found good unit form panasonic, read specs, found some pictures but when i went to the store and could use it, well, i'm glad i didn't bought it on internet and discovered how bad that model was in my house, return it would be a pita!

Xboxerj

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
Thank you for responding. I have read many reviews but I wanted to see what everyone here thought. My first HD TV was a 720p LG. I loved it and it worked great. When I went to a 1080P I again chose an LG. Long story short, between technical mishaps and the local LG contracted repairperson I returned it to Amazon and bought a Panasonic. LOVE IT! Would have bought one, but, well, unfortunately that's not an option anymore. So LG or Samsung and I am not sure which to go with.

It's that motion enhancing crap that gives the Soap Opera effect. Where even the biggest budget movie looks like it was shot by an amateur with a camcorder. That is the first "feature" to disable on a TV.

Xboxerj

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
I have had the opportunity to look at the LG but the Samsung is not sold widely anymore. The only place I found it had boxed ones left and no display. The refresh rates on both concern me as I read online that both are listed as 120 but are only actually 60 if I understood it correctly. The other thing I read that can tip the scales is that the LGs look better viewed from the side than the Samsung.

atljsf

Estimable
Jun 17, 2015
i have a samsung 40" with that options, for gaming is awful, lots of ghosting

the old 240hz lg i have here ha nothing of that, neither the sony, but this sony is a pita, has so much weird problems, i can't recomend anyone to buy a sony tv anymore, also had 1 dead tv from them that only lasted 2 years, the screen now is part green, yellow and greyish, like it was broken but is not, the problem progressed over the days, was something really sad to see

currently in my house and the house of other friend and family lots of samsung and lg are doing just great, but yes, the 60hz you mention, for gaming is awfull

i was sort of expecting it to happen, so i wasn't too surprised when it happened butthe price was great fo it, so it was easy to decide

one thing you mention about colors and angles, both lg in general and samsung have great colors and view angles

if you read most reviews some reviewers will say that samsung has washed out colors, other will say the same about lg

i do find samsung colors a bit softer but you can change colors a bit or use a harder color profile

one thing is certain, my sony, that old bad one i mention, wipes the floor in color, vibrance, birghtness

things looks alive, but the dam thing has hdmi problems, reote control problems, buttons on the panel problems, time problems and sound problems, especialy when i turn on or off the pc, sound gets distorted so i have to turn it off and on again to have sound working well again

no tv is perfect, you can live with some flaws and defects but others are harder to swallow

i couldn't live with the ghosting, so if you can find a tv that doesn't show the ghosting, i would buy it, in fact i don't know what i'm going to do when i need to replace the sony, lg with 120hz or higher if possible

Solution