While I am hooking up a DVD player to a tv the sound is very low. What am I doing wrong?

Oct 8, 2018
When using the red, white and yellow cables to a tv and a DVD player I have very low sound. I know the tv sound works fine. I have checked but when I switch to dvd the sound is low and I can turn the volume up to the highest and still little sound

Ralston18

Splendid
Make and model DVD player? Make and model TV?

Are you using cables with red, white, and yellow on both ends or just on one end with a 1/8 plug on the other end?

If you are using one of those small, portable DVD players they tend to used with earphones. To use other speakers you may need an amplifier.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 2
M Streaming Video & TVs 2
E Streaming Video & TVs 1
L Streaming Video & TVs 1
C Streaming Video & TVs 1
N Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
R Streaming Video & TVs 1
P Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
B Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
F Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 4
Similar threads
How do I hook up my Emerson vcr player to a Vizio tv
How Do you hook up a JVC dvd player to a JVC tv,without cable tv?
How do I hook up a LG blue ray player to my Sharp TV and it's a smart TV I have the hdim cord hooked up to them and have no so
How do I hook up my Toshiba dvd/VHS player to a JVC tv
I have my sony dvd player hooked up to my sharp roku tv I can hear the sound but no picture?
I have an old Sony tv and trying to hook up new smart DVD player
Solved! How to hook up a interested DVD player to a Emerson hd flat screen
Trying to hook up my old Sony surround sound DVD player to my new samsung tv. I purchased an hdmi adapter. Sound works but pic
I hooked my DVD player to the Tv and it seems to be right but I have no sound. What am I doing wrong?
I have connected a Samsung 7000 series sound bar to a 7000 series tv. I want to hook up an older CD player to this. How plea
How do I hook my Panasonic plasma TV to my surround sound and DVD player
Need to hook up tv, TiVo cable box, DVD player, bluray player with surround sound system
Hook up for surround sound with TWC and DVD Player
We got our DVD player hooked up to our Visio smart tv, it plays the movie but there is no sound
can tip hook up surround sound to all blue ray players
no sound when hooking a philips dvd player to an element tv
I have hooked up my dvd player to the tv with the yellow, white and red hookups. I get sound but no picture. The tv also has a
I have a lg blu ray disc player and trying to hook to rca surround sound. Please help
Need advice on hooking up LG bluray And using other surround sound.
Having trouble hooking up a Sony HT-CT370 sound bar to a Samsung HTEM54C blu ray player everything is hooked up as indicated b

ASK THE COMMUNITY