Whisky Made from the Urine of Type-two Diabetics

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phych

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2005
Haters gonna hate
Lovers gonna love
I don't even want
None of the above
I want to piss on you. Yes I do. I'll piss on you. I'll pee on you.

atk0309

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
Well I do realize that it is pure whiskey and is supposed to be clean and whatnot.
But the fact is that the mental barrier will be the biggest obstacle. And printing the age of the "donator" really will not help me go past it. I am sorry but my experience of "sitting in a nice chair on the patio while having a nice cigar and drinking whiskey" will not be improved in any way by the fear that some of my friends can come over look at the bottle and ask me what is this "John Doe 85 years old, Staying at Old's People retirement home" brand I am drinking.
Really can you picture the explanation that has to follow ?
People have to understand that mental barriers are as strong as physical. It might look right, it might taste right but it will never "feel" right to most people.

flaminggerbil

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
I love whisky, but no way in hell am I going to drink stuff made from the urine of an elderly diabetic.

Unless perhaps if I was REALLY drunk.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
How the hell ...scratch that ...why the hell did he think of this?!? Really?!? "Hey, I bet I can make whiskey from pee." He must be related to the guy who thought, "Hey, I bet 'dem bull testicles are mighty tasty."

Nightsilver

Distinguished
May 4, 2007
[citation][nom]rabidface[/nom]Grow up people[/citation]

Since when is a willingness to consume bi-products of human waste a requisite for being "grown up"?

warfart1

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]rabidface[/nom]Would you want to ask a moonshiner where the water came from to make his moonshine? I think not. It could be from the dirtiest of rivers, creeks, or cricks nearby that probably have urine and feces from many different animals.[/citation]
Actually, aside from the yeast that is purposely introduced to mash, It is completely sterile (or close to it) as any other microbes will not only predate the yeast, but will also contaminate the end product with exotoxins. So any moonshiner that used less than optimal water would produce less alcohol and a moonshine ridden with undesirable metabolites that could potentially sicken the consumer (or just taste bad)

Status
Not open for further replies.