White House Sends Out Twitter Rick Roll

Status
Not open for further replies.

spanspace

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2009
Anyone who says they were unprofessional need to be hung up and flogged. Seriously they are just trying to lighted the moods.

G

Lets see how light everyone's mood is when that paper and plastic in your pocket is worth nothing but the cost of their raw materials.

psg1john

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
Funny stuff at least they are with the times, on rick rolls, on the other hand few more days until doom day and i hope those wacko save us some how.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]spanspace[/nom]Anyone who says they were unprofessional need to be hung up and flogged. Seriously they are just trying to lighted the moods.[/citation]

They could lighten the mood by getting some work done... they've only had about 3 years at this point to do so.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
It takes a minute or two to do what they did. The time it took to do it does not take away from their time to work on the debit crisis. In fact the people in charge of updating the twitter feed probably don't have anything to do with fixing the debt crisis.

puggle man

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
Yes everyone the one guy who's job it is to man the whitehouse's twitter account probably spent tens of billions of dollars and dozens of hours worth of the senate's time lobbying them to allow the rick roll... Geez it was probably a spontaneous act and didn't cost anybody anything, only showing his job is pretty pointless.

flybri

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
Love all the ignorant comments. Of course Obama naysayers are going to use this as a means to get their disapproval and hatred off their chests, when we all know (including many of them, I would hope) that the person who's in charge of their twitter account is not actively involved in policy making. Futhermore, most people, on either side of the political fence, just go off what they're told in the media. In today's world, if you're not doing research of your own on a topic, and instead are just listening to MSNBC or Fox News, you're probably speaking from a point of complete ignorance on the subject.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]TheOnlyPenguin[/nom]i appreciate a good rick roll.. crafty politicians..[/citation]

Agree, i love being rick rolled when you least expect it.

Unfortunately the majority of people will not understand this and will call it unprofessional, which it is. It really is a good way to get more followers to the white house twitter account.

Good publicity stunt if it was, otherwise someone is in the dog house for it.

flybri

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2010
[citation][nom]Anti-Painkilla[/nom]Agree, i love being rick rolled when you least expect it. Unfortunately the majority of people will not understand this and will call it unprofessional, which it is. It really is a good way to get more followers to the white house twitter account. Good publicity stunt if it was, otherwise someone is in the dog house for it.[/citation]

You can say it's unprofessional, but twitter itself can basically be deemed unprofessional to begin with, so it really shouldn't be up for debate. To connect to the youth and what will be the majority population in the future, you need to be on social media now, no matter how "unprofessional" it seems. And if I remember correctly, didn't many people who like George W. Bush like him because he was basically an "everyman", a guy you could see yourself chatting it up with at a BBQ? I personally don't want that in a president himself, but to get his agenda out and communicate with people through social media (considering it's basically a necessity to do so at this point)...that's fine with me.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
i got a rick roll for ya soviet union's bust up was over what?
less debt then america has now or it's 22 trillion by 2015 projection
now THAT'S FUNNY BECAUSE AMERICA IS THE NEXT U.S.S.R.
gawd i love shopping sprees on somebody else's dime!
http://tinyurl.com/3967ux

G

[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]i got a rick roll for ya soviet union's bust up was over what?less debt then america has now or it's 22 trillion by 2015 projectionnow THAT'S FUNNY BECAUSE AMERICA IS THE NEXT U.S.S.R.gawd i love shopping sprees on somebody else's dime!http://tinyurl.com/3967ux[/citation]

The difference is that the world didn't run on the ruble. America goes down, the whole world does.

henryvalz

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]The Greater Good[/nom]... and only 3 years behind the times. I guess that's an improvement for the government.[/citation]

Compared to the GOP being only about 120 years behind the times...

Status
Not open for further replies.