Who Should Nexus One Users Go to for Support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsifal57

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2009
Google should be their main point of contact, Google decided how this was going to be sold and sadly underestimated what type of support people would need.

From what I can see in other news articles about the same 3G connectivity issues it would seem to be either the phone or firmware that has issues since I've seen quotes from people currently using Android devices on T-Mobile with good 3G signals and yet when they compare a Nexus One in the same location on the same account the signal reception is significantly weaker.

IMO this is one area Google should not have gotten involved in, if they want to be the sole point of purchase for this device (with a new version of the OS no less) then they should have been geared up to support via telephone not by two day turnaround emails, they might as well just ask people to send them letters by snail mail, it would be just as insulting.

dogofwars

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
It's probably the reason why they are so limited in quantities! Google probably saw it coming but needed a bigger pool to test out the phone. It's one of the reason why I don't buy the first generation/revision but wait a little longer.

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]I got no 3G problems, neither my cousin.people just retarded.[/citation]

So, because neither you nor your cousin have issues... that means none of the thousands of other users are having issues with their devices and that they are retarded?

dogofwars

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
@Grims: There is place where you have less coverage, you happen to have good coverage that's all. I suppose the antenna in the Nexus One is just less than stellar.

dogofwars

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
That was bound to happen, there is great product that were never successful because of the support model or just because it plainly require too much customer support because it's not intuitive enough. Hope Nexus one will be a better phone.

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
Or perhaps the carrier is disrupting the Nexii to give Google an image problem and get them back OUT of the cellphone business?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]ncarlson[/nom]This is a first-generation product. There is GOING to be bugs.[/citation]

True but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have sufficient support in place for their customers. Considering early adopters make or break a product, they should really be looking out for them.

abhik

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2008
probably xda developers. unofficial, but probably still better than any official support (when its a software problem anyway)

zaam

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
I was almost going to buy a Nexus One, but thank goodness I decided to wait. Looks like I may be going to the dark side and getting an iPhone.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]abhik[/nom]probably xda developers. unofficial, but probably still better than any official support (when its a software problem anyway)[/citation]
Thats the only place I would go to for support for my old HTC phone.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
If you bought the subsidized version from T-Mobile they should support it like any other phone they provide on a plan.

If you bought it from Google, google should support it.

HTC may be the manufacturer but the product is sold as a google phone, so really HTC shouldn't be providing front-line support.

Status
Not open for further replies.