Solved! Why are my arrow keys laggy and hard while playing games?

Aug 25, 2021
My arrow keys haven’t been working since last week. The problem is that whenever I press them in games it’s laggy and the keys feel hard but the weird thing is that whenever I let them go they keep working in the game without me touching anything.

Solution
Well I play the sims 4 a lot including this game called Roblox and the arrow keys are doing the same thing on both of the games. And I got the sims 4 on steam and roblox on its own website. And I don’t really know the exact model but I think it’s has a 4.00 GB Ram and a 64 hit processor or something that’s all I know and it’s a windows 10.
4 GB of RAM is probably not enough for The Sims 4. I don't think it's even enough for The Sims 3, since saving becomes an issue. I would recommend upgrading your RAM to at least 8 GB.
I think it's wrong that they still sell PCs with 4 GB of RAM in 2021, but that's just my opinion.

But mid-game, it sounds more like a processing issue or graphic processing issue. Your CPU/GPU may just not...
Aug 25, 2021
If the keys feel different than the others, it is likely the keyboard is worn out. Using keys for a game puts a lot of wear on a few keys. Have you been using a few keys a great deal while playing?
Not really I’ve just been using the arrow keys and the letter keys that’s all but the letter keys are perfectly fine except for the WASD keys because I use those for movements also but outside of games my whole keyboard works fine.

Aug 25, 2021
My Hp laptop arrow keys are always laggy in games and I cannot figure out the problem. Outside of games I have no problem with them but they never work in games and are always being laggy and feel a bit hard when I press them. No water has been on my laptop or anything. Also when I am in a game and I press one of the arrow keys it doesn’t respond for like 2 seconds then it does and when I let go it automatically controls by itself and keeps moving. Please do send me suggestions.

Aug 25, 2021
what games exactly? where did you get them?
exact model of the laptop? or the spec?
malware scan the system?
Well I play the sims 4 a lot including this game called Roblox and the arrow keys are doing the same thing on both of the games. And I got the sims 4 on steam and roblox on its own website. And I don’t really know the exact model but I think it’s has a 4.00 GB Ram and a 64 hit processor or something that’s all I know and it’s a windows 10.

mrmike16

Honorable
4 GB of RAM is probably not enough for The Sims 4. I don't think it's even enough for The Sims 3, since saving becomes an issue. I would recommend upgrading your RAM to at least 8 GB.
I think it's wrong that they still sell PCs with 4 GB of RAM in 2021, but that's just my opinion.

But mid-game, it sounds more like a processing issue or graphic processing issue. Your CPU/GPU may just not be powerful enough, either. But we don't know which CPU and GPU you have.

To find your system specs, open Settings- System-Scroll down the left panel to About.

To find your PC model, if your PC is a laptop, it should say the model next to "Model:" on the bottom panel of the laptop. And the laptop's brand, well, that should definitely appear somewhere.
If it's a desktop, it's on the top or sides of the computer tower. Assuming it's not a home-built tower. Sometimes it is on the back, maybe, but I've never seen that.

Last edited:
Solution