Question Why are several settings MISSING from my Nvidia GeForce GT 940M Control Panel?

Nov 22, 2022
So im having a slight problem with my Acer Aspire F F5-571G-553R i5-5200U specs:
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 5200U @ 2.20GHz 48 °C
Broadwell-U 14nm Technology
RAM
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Acer ZORO_BH (U3E1)
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1366x768@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 5500 (Acer Incorporated [ALI])
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce 940M (Acer Incorporated [ALI]) 43 °C
SLI Disabled
so i tried all sorts of guides, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but i still can't get any other setting apart from the 3d setting in nvidia control panel, i was trying to get my csgo in 1024x768 stretched resolution and it simply does not do it whatsoever, even tried selecting the nvidia graphics as the default in bios and there isn't even an option there, any suggestions on what can i do with this thing cause it's driving me nuts, either nothing works, or im just not doing it right..

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 19, 2022
Do you see both intelHD control panel and Nvidia control panel? When both gpus are enabled, usually the nvidia control panel cannot control display related items, only the intel control panel can. This is because (I think) the display connections are routed through the integrated gpu.
This is what it looks like on my dell m6800 when both the intel and Nvidia is enabled:

Edit: When only the nvidia gpu is enabled in bios, all the control panel options show up. I am unshure if you can disable the integrated graphics on your laptop though, as the gpu is quite low end which usually means you cant.