Question Why are the non volume control buttons on my Spectrum guide remote changing the sound volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2023
I have an LG Oled Smart TV and a Vizio soundbar and everything worked fine until I moved from DISH to Spectrum. The soundbar is connected via HDMI Arc. When using the non volume buttons (FF/RW, up/down, left/right, etc.) on the Spectrum Guide remote the sound either goes way up or way down. It appears to be some type of conflict with the soundbar. If I unplug the soundbar and use the TV speakers everything works fine. Even Spectrum Technicians say this should not be happening. When streaming videos (not using the Spectrum HD DVR box) I use the TV remote to control the volume from the soundbar. without any problems. Any suggestions?

Feb 28, 2023
Tried all the codes and no change. I figure the problem is with the soundbar being connected when the remote is programmed. I unplugged the soundbar from the tv and turned it off. Now the TV is set to internal speakers. I have an extra remote and tried programming it and tried all the codes and the remote is not working correctly. Don't know if this is because there are now 2 remotes programmed. I hesitate to reset the one remote that is working and reprogram it because I'm afraid I won't have any remotes that work.

Feb 28, 2023
LG Simplink is on. When I turn it off it reverts to internal speakers. When I turn HDMI ARC on it turns LG Simplink back on. It definitely has something to do with the soundbar. I don't have the issue when set to internal speakers.

Feb 28, 2023
Updated the firmware. Page up/down and the arrow up/down still increases and decreases the sound. I've tried using the learn button on my Vizio remote and that doesn't help. Don't know if it's a problem with all sound bars or just the Vizio. Don't want to replace the soundbar and have the same problem. Spectrum Tech has no idea what's causing it. Said they've never seen it before and it shouldn't be happening. I've tried 3 different style remotes with the same problem. Doesn't happen with the LG Remote and never happened when I had DISH. Baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.