Solved! App volume problems on Samsung Smart TV with LG Soundbar

Xboxerj

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2015
Good evening. I have a Samsung 49MU6290 TV connected to an LG LAS551H soundbar Via HDMI ARC. Also connected is a Sony BDP-S6700 Blu-Ray Player, a Spectrum DVR and a Nintendo Switch. The soundbar provides booming sound and usually when I am watching TV or playing games it is fine at about 15. If I use the Hulu App through the Blu-Ray it is fine at about 25. However, if I use the Hulu App or the Internet App from the Smart TV the volume at 20 can be raised all the way to maximum without much change in sound. I have tried switching to the internal speakers for the TV and then I have to go to about 90 to get sound I can hear. I use the internet app to watch a streaming service Samsung does not have an app for and while it is a workaround the sound is low also. The television volume for playing games is about 15 but if I use the Hulu App through the Switch the sound is also muted. The TV is only a little over a year old and Samsung sent over a tech while it was under warranty. They switched out the entire main board without any change.

I was told the issue was that sometimes the soundbar and tvs from different manufacturers sometimes have trouble communicating directly. I have never heard of such a thing but who knows. The issue is as of 8/04 the Sony will no longer be supporting the Hulu service and I'm not sure how I can watch it through the TV with the volume so low. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and have a good night.

Solution
  1. Check if the Hulu app in the TV has any audio settings that will help.
  2. If you use an external streamer for Hulu instead of the Sony BD player that may also help. You try also try a computer to see how that works.