Why do i get dialog from all 3 front speakers at all times z906

scorlingonzalez100

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017
am wondering if am getting real 5.1 surrounds from my setup because i get dialog from all three front speakers, in all games even with surround sound on and in all movies videos you name it its there. it makes the dialog very loud and it takes away IMO from the sound that needs to come out the 2 front satellite speakers. going through the Realtek HD setting i do not find 5.1 surrounds at all and so i am assuming this is because i am connected via spdif to the motherboard. does any one have any suggestions, i am up to the point that i am considering a sound card just to try a different setup.

setup
z170x gaming 5 gigabyte motherboard
gtx 1080 ti
Logitech z906 surround speakers

scorlingonzalez100

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017

so all this time i was not getting true surround sound correct? i knew something was off since everything was so flat and could not see how these speakers had such a high rating for gaming. but thank you. do you have some cable to recommend for the six channel setup i cant seem to find them on Amazon which is really weird

scorlingonzalez100

Prominent
Oct 19, 2017

yea, but i like the link you provided since they have a 5 pack for about 5 buck whereas Amazon has each individual cable for about 8 bucks . thanks anyway for you time and help.