Why do my microphone levels always automatically adjust?

Phantomized

Estimable
Jul 4, 2015
Operating System: Windows 8.1

I have a Samson C01u microphone and it works great apart from the fact that when I talk, the levels (via recording devices then microphone properties) will auto adjust so that you can't hear me or really loud that I blow peoples ears out when I speak to them. This happens to my friend who owns the same microphone aswell. It is not to do with the driver due to it being a plug and play mic meaning that it uses window's standard microphone drivers. I have been with microsoft support for endless hours due to it being their drivers and they really have no idea what to do... This also happened on my old laptop. It is also horrendous when I try to record music because it goes really loud and really quiet making it sound really bad. I feel like it does this if I speak too loud the levels will go quiet, and when I speak slightly quiet it will bump it up to max. Is there a way I can disable or stop this? I don't want to have wasted 50 pounds. It is not constant but happens suddenly every 5 minutes? Very annoying

Thank you :)

Solution
Control panel, sound, recording , double click on the Mic and on the custom tab turn off AGC, automatic gain control. Supposed to adjust the gain automatically depending on the input volume. Disable this.

Phantomized

Estimable
Jul 4, 2015
Note: I have done the basic things like untick letting applications take exclusive control and do nothing, unchecked settings through skype etc.. Just nothing is fixing the issue! Oh and, if there is a way I can lock or anchor my levels that would also fix my issue.