Why does my tablet keep turning off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasmene_8D

Commendable
Oct 1, 2016
I'd be on my tablet just playing a game, reading a book, etc. When my tablet just turns off.
I have to turn my tablet back on, which is a long process, and unlock it and stuff.
When I turn it back on it's still on its same percentage. But then I'd get on and five minutes later or so it turns back off and it keeps repeating the process.
What do I do?

Solution
Well, you could start with installing an app that can monitor your battery, including its temperature. To see if is getting to hot, which would cause the random shutdowns.

If that doesn't turn out to be the issue, then I would start to suspect an app on the device is the cause. To test that you may want to start the tablet in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem still happens. If it doesn't happen when in "Safe Mode", then you need to figure out which app is the culprit.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you...
Well, you could start with installing an app that can monitor your battery, including its temperature. To see if is getting to hot, which would cause the random shutdowns.

If that doesn't turn out to be the issue, then I would start to suspect an app on the device is the cause. To test that you may want to start the tablet in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem still happens. If it doesn't happen when in "Safe Mode", then you need to figure out which app is the culprit.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.