Why does my volume needs to be turned way up for turntable

G

Hello,
When listening to the turntable I need the volume turned 3/4 of full, but when listening to the tuner, I turn volume 1/4 turn. How do I correct this problem?

G

Is the turntable connected to the correct input (i.e. dedicated Phono input) ? If there isn't one you'll need to buy an outboard phono preamp and plug that into line input sockets.

If by chance the cartridge in the turntable is moving coil type, check if the Phono input is switchable between moving magnet and moving coil.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Audio 1
A Audio 1
A Audio 0
A Audio 0
D Audio 7
A Audio 2
R Audio 1
A Audio 1
D Audio 2
T Audio 1
D Audio 1
D Audio 1
E Audio 3
T Audio 2
B Audio 1
L Audio 1
M Audio 2
P Audio 4
B Audio 1
P Audio 5
Similar threads
Solved! Audio volume not high enough on headphones from both motherboard and sound card
Question why my stereo amps 'balance' = volume left & 'volume' is volume right
Question Volume to headphones increasing when amp is turned off using optical.
Question When z5500 uses optical input, the volume is 0 when it is turned on. I have to adjust the volume every time you turn it on.
Solved! Sony Speaker SRS-XB20 Turns Off At Max Volume
Turning down my Headset volume, Turns down ALL applications/programs volumes as well. How can I fix this?
Bluetooth speaker turn off when volume is raised.
Sony STR-DN1040 Shuts Off When Volume Is Turned Up to 15
Solved! Playback volume turns down automatically.
Panasonic tv shuts off when volume is turned up
Volume won't turn up on speaker
I have a Sony Walkman NWZ-E436F. Volume Controle Button is not working. I cannot turn up the volume. I tried to reset the sett
Bluetooth soundbar keeps "turning off" until I adjust volume
need help to turn on volume
I have a DPX520BT radio in my car but it is only low volume coming out of speaker and that's when I turn it up all the way
I'm having problems LOGITECH Z506 5.1 when i turn the volume up than speakers cut out
One speaker plays before the other when turning up volume from 0
Why would my Onkyo TX-SR705 turn off when volume is turned to medium or above?
I turn my iPhone down to the last volume bar and people can still hear what I'm listening to on my beats wireless
If my neighbor raises the volume of his bass do I turn up my pink noise higher?

ASK THE COMMUNITY