Why doesn't Groove match the music folder I've told it to look in?

onlynay

Commendable
May 29, 2016
I have Groove as my main music player. I've told it which folder to look in which was fine at first. But now I've cleaned and tidied and added to that folder, but Groove hasn't changed at all to reflect this. I've cleaned out my temp folder, as someone suggested and when I went back into Groove it said it was adding music which I thought YAY but then when I went into the album information thought Nooooo as nothing was any different from before! Any advice?

Solution
Are you sure that you clicked an "OK", "Apply", or "Save" button after changing the folder and before leaving Groove?

Any Groove update that may have undone your change - especially if went back to the default folder?

Try changing the folder again and watch everything very carefully. May need to close Groove or perhaps even reboot to save the folder change.....
Are you sure that you clicked an "OK", "Apply", or "Save" button after changing the folder and before leaving Groove?

Any Groove update that may have undone your change - especially if went back to the default folder?

Try changing the folder again and watch everything very carefully. May need to close Groove or perhaps even reboot to save the folder change.....

Solution