Why is it saying my sprint. Galaxy j36 cant be switched to straight talk

Kayla_13

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
Need to know why i cant change my sprint galaxy. J3 6 to straight talk. It is saying its not compatiable. How do i make it compatiable. What is it that i can do?

Solution
Try following the link Viddyvane posted. If it still doesn't show your phone as compatible, then 1 of 2 things could be at play.

1. You may have to get the phone unlocked from Sprint, or

2. Your phone may just not be compatible with Straight Talk.

You can try using the Sprint Straight Talk Sim card in your phone, if it works, then no worries, if not, you may have to get the phone unlocked as I mentioned. When in doubt, try contacting Straight Talk?

Graybush

Estimable
I would suggest using Straight Talks 'Bring Your Own Phone' Support site. Try starting here: https://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/Activate/byop/

It sounds like either the SIM card you currently have is not compatible, or it might be the hardware of the phone.

GamingInsider

Estimable
Aug 11, 2015
Try following the link Viddyvane posted. If it still doesn't show your phone as compatible, then 1 of 2 things could be at play.

1. You may have to get the phone unlocked from Sprint, or

2. Your phone may just not be compatible with Straight Talk.

You can try using the Sprint Straight Talk Sim card in your phone, if it works, then no worries, if not, you may have to get the phone unlocked as I mentioned. When in doubt, try contacting Straight Talk?

Solution