Solved! Why isn't my TCL Roku TV (55s401) working?

Mar 20, 2022
I got it off the curb, and when I tested it at home I figured out it had backlight and sound, but the screen was black. So I replaced the t-con board as well as the power supply for good measure. I still get the same black screen with this new t-con board as if it was completely disconnected, however, if the ribbon for the right side of the screen is disconnected then the left side of the screen shows picture as normal, while the right side of the screen is now white instead of black. Any other arrangements/combinations of the ribbon cables will have the black screen. What is going on here? How come when I connect the right side of the screen, the left side of the screen goes out with it? Did I get a bad replacement board? Did I damage a different part in the process of replacing the t-con? Is it beyond repair?

Solution
Swapping system boards does not fix all issues with TVs. I recommend just buying a used working TV instead of spending money on an attempting fix considering a used working TV is not much more than buying parts that may or may not work. Could be an issue with the screen itself.
Swapping system boards does not fix all issues with TVs. I recommend just buying a used working TV instead of spending money on an attempting fix considering a used working TV is not much more than buying parts that may or may not work. Could be an issue with the screen itself.

Solution