Solved! Why my laptop shut down suddenly and is it a battery issue? Is it okay to use the laptop on AC supply while battery is plugged? (please read the des)

Nov 28, 2020
I was using my Asus tuf gaming laptop(plugged in and all was okay). Suddenly the laptop died. I mean completely died. It was not turning on and was not charging. I followed youtube tutorials and cleared static(or whatever the process is called) by disconnecting the battery.

Now my laptop turns on and taking charge but if only its on AC. If I take the charger plug out,it completely turns off(as if the battery is not giving any backup).
I am currently using it on AC supply and the battery is plugged into PC

Why this is happening? Is this a battery problem or other issues?
Is using the battery on AC supply(while the battery is coonected) safe?

Solution
When you remove the battery you are not draining "static" charge from the system. You may be allowing a few caps to discharge completely but that would be it. Laptops don't build up static charges. I don't know what video you followed, but please send me the link. I am doubful it has merit. However, taking them apart or even touching an input like a USB connector can subject the machine to a static discharge (ESD) that will damage it. External connectors are supposed to be protected but the design may be poor. Taking a laptop apart with taking precautions is asking for problems.

When the laptop died, do you remember what the battery charge was? Was the battery drained. Running the laptop on external power is just fine unless the...
When you remove the battery you are not draining "static" charge from the system. You may be allowing a few caps to discharge completely but that would be it. Laptops don't build up static charges. I don't know what video you followed, but please send me the link. I am doubful it has merit. However, taking them apart or even touching an input like a USB connector can subject the machine to a static discharge (ESD) that will damage it. External connectors are supposed to be protected but the design may be poor. Taking a laptop apart with taking precautions is asking for problems.

When the laptop died, do you remember what the battery charge was? Was the battery drained. Running the laptop on external power is just fine unless the battery is defective. There should be a diagnostic software program supplied by ASUS that will test the battery. I know many laptops have such programs. I dont know about ASUS.

Solution
Nov 28, 2020

When the laptop died, do you remember what the battery charge was? Was the battery drained. Running the laptop on external power is just fine unless the battery is defective. There should be a diagnostic software program supplied by ASUS that will test the battery. I know many laptops have such programs. I dont know about ASUS.

I followed this tutorial:
View: https://youtu.be/_MOe71kBPOY

When it died my Battery was fully charged and I was using it with the cable connected. I even used the laptop with battery(which was working just fine and healthy) power the day before the occurance happened.

It was a sudden incident. The laptop just died(no bootloop or others). It won't turn on or take charge(charging LED was not lit).
After following the tutorial(link given above), my laptop is running only with AC supply even though the battery is connected(battery icon is shown it is saying "95% available,plugged in") . But dies(no backup from battery) when the plug is removed