my laptop sometimes just doesn't light up the screen even though it's working.
then i try to reboot and it won't turn the screen on UNLESS i shut it down again and press power button + d, while is booting.
BUT i can only do the power button + d work, only if i remove the cable (leaving the battery only)..
help! this is very annoying
Have you tried connecting the laptop into an external monitor? I would suggest to observe if the same problem will persist if it's connected to an external monitor. If the laptop will still not work while connected to an external monitor please do try these other troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the GPU.