Why will neither of my antiviruses' turn on? Neither Defender or Avast.

DragonBorn1511

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014
Tbh i'm not sure exactly how this happened but it keeps coming up in my action centre that neither of the antiviruses' are turned on.

When I click turn on, on avast in the action centre, it asks me if I trust the publisher, to which I click yes but it stays switched off. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. no luck.

I wouldn't really like to use windows defender but it's better than nothing however when I try to turn that on, it used to say I already had another anti virus, but since I uninstalled avast and reinstalled, it now says nothing and just will refuse to turn on.

Any ideas?

skitszo

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
turning off your anti virus is usually a virus. If you can't get it to work. scan your hard drive on another computer as a secondary drive. then pray you don't need a new install....

1) turn off all start up programs you can use manually: start/run: type msconfig then goto start up tab--- if you can't figure that out use Ccleaner tools to turn off start up programs you can run manually.

2) Ccleaner run the scan and registry scan
3) malwarebytes do a full scan and then run a custom scan with rootkit scan turned on.
4) download NPE and run it for rootkit virus's
5) Adwcleaner run
6) Revo uninstaller uninstall every program you know you can unistall and don't need. then run the scans after to clean the left behinds.
7) clean your web browsers--- bars/ addons that are suspect.

8) only run one anti virus at a time.
9) leave malwarebytes as a manual run program not at start up.

run a defrag once a weak... auslogics is one...

DragonBorn1511

Estimable
Dec 19, 2014

The last time I used to my PC (few days ago, since then it hasn't been turned on), I did a full PC Scan via avast, then malwate bytes, then ADWCleaner then CCleaner. It found a bunch of stuff, all of which it got rid of.

I only run avast. I don't try and run both at the same time. I'll try what GBB0330 said.

skitszo

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
well then run the rootkit scans then. both malewarebytes and nortons rootkit scans.

if your system is clean... then you should beable to get a anti virus working... problem is when cleaning out viruses also yanks out some of the windows code and basicly makes you have to reinstall windows...