Solved! Why wont any of the keys on my laptop work?

Oct 26, 2018
Recently, i was playing some games on my laptop WITHOUT an External keyboard, and all of a sudden, my keyboard stopped working, all, Power button, Nothing was working except my external mouse and touchscreen and pad, i got out of the game by using my touchscreen, and then tried to browse with my external keyboard, And guess what, my external keyboard wouldn't even light up when i plugged it in, NOTHING WAS WORKING, except my mouse, i tried to restart, so i clicked the restart button in the windows menu and waited a few seconds, which turned into minutes, nothing happened, tried to open chrome, nothing happened, closed the screen, laptop didnt go into sleep mode and it stayed on, please help?

Solution
You need to try totally powering down the laptop and waiting a few moments and then turn it back on. Not sleep or hibernate, but off off.

If it won't turn off normally, then you will either have to pull the battery and unplug the charger, or unplug the charger and wait for it to run out of power.

Once it has been actually off, then you want to start it back up and see if the keyboard will work normally.
You need to try totally powering down the laptop and waiting a few moments and then turn it back on. Not sleep or hibernate, but off off.

If it won't turn off normally, then you will either have to pull the battery and unplug the charger, or unplug the charger and wait for it to run out of power.

Once it has been actually off, then you want to start it back up and see if the keyboard will work normally.

Solution