Why wont my videos upload to Youtube?

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
So i wanted to start uploading gameplays and lets plays to my YT channel, but YT seems to not want me to do that. :( I used both Dxtory and Fraps to record some clips of various pc games and they record to .AVI files which YT says it support for uploading. So i go to YT, hit upload, and either use the new drag and drop feature to drag&drop the .avi clip file or browse for, both let you upload it either way. What always happens is that some time in the middle of uploading, the progress bar will just completely stop and never continues to move forward. I dont think it my pc or my internet, my pc is a fairly new mid budget rig and my internet speed should be good enough and i never have problems with it. I have AT&T U-Verse's "Elite" internet service which offers downstream speeds of 6 Mbps. Any help here? Thanks!

How large are the files you are attempting to upload? I encode the files I upload as H.264 (.mp4) before uploading. However, over the past couple of days the time it takes to upload a video is incredibly long. I had one that was stuck at 39% and so I finally decided to attempt the upload later tonight and at last check it was at 46% after 2+ hours (file size is roughly 1.5GB). You could try a free encoder like MPEG Streamclip (http://www.squared5.com/) and convert the .avi files (which are usually quite large) to .mp4 files for uploading.

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

the video file sizes shouldnt be the problem. I was just testing them out, they were definitely less than a gigabyte large, maybe a half a minute long. It just took a few seconds of smooth uloading, then it just stops moving and wont advance