Question WiFi and Bluetooth simultaneously stop working

Aug 6, 2022
When I slightly move or shake my Dell G 15 5510 the Bluetooth and WiFi simultaneously stop working. When I open Device Manager it shows a yellow exclamation mark on the wireless card, bluetooth and a usb port. It only starts working again if I disable and ten enable wifi and bluetooth in BIOS. I've faced other issues with this laptop as well, like screen-flickering crashes when it is moved, the thing in common seems to be that all problems occur when the laptop is moved. Anyone have an idea what might be causing this?

Aug 6, 2022
It sounds like a loose connection or a faulty component (they can have very hard to find loose connections right on the boards, too). You should be able to troubleshoot this by pulling it apart and shaking all the connections. That may turn up a suspect connection which, when fixed, will likely fix the problems you're having. If you don't find a loose connection, disconnect the components that seem suspect (Wifi/BT card, USB port, maybe even screen) one at a time while reassembling enough after each disconnection to run the machine and shake it around enough to elicit the problem if it's still present.