Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by toggling the shortcut key to enable/disable the wifi capability of your laptop (fn+F12).
- If this will not work, uninstall/reinstall the wifi adapter.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Wireless adapter.
- Next is to download and install the latest driver from HP.
- Here's the link: http/support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-G62-Notebook-PC-series/4150047/model/4221399
- Once installed reboot your laptop and test it again after the reboot.