Question WIFI issues windows 11

Feb 1, 2022
Hi all

Bit of a strange one and I've tried all the normal things to get my WIFI working again (this is on a desktop but couldn't find the right thread to post in)

Its been Woking fine since upgrading to windows 11 but to day I turned it on and its showing connected to router (Netgear nighthawk) but no internet every thing else in the house is working fine but i still tried restarting everything, uninstalling drivers and troubleshooting with no joy the only way I managed to connect is to turn tethering on my phone and connect that way my phone is connected to the router not 5g obviously this is not ideal.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Daniel

Feb 16, 2022
You can also try changing the network profile type.
Click the Wi-Fi icon on the taskbar. (Use the keyboard shortcuts Win + A to open the action center).
Click the Wi-Fi icon in the action center.
Right-click the connection that is causing problems and select
"Properties".
You can also select the small properties icon in the top right corner if it's available.
Set the network profile type to private.

One more way is autoconfiguration service
The WLAN auto-configuration service will connect you to your preferred network. However, if this service is disabled, you may need to connect the device to the network manually. You should reset this service to ensure automatic connection in the future.
Press the Win + R keys to open the Run window.
Fix-Disconnecting-Wi-Fi-Issue-Windows-6.jpg

Type services.msc and press Enter.
Find WLAN AutoConfig and double click the option.
Fix-Disconnecting-Wi-Fi-Issue-Windows-7.jpg

From the Startup Type drop-down menu, select Automatic.
Click OK.

Sometimes changing the DNS can resolve connection issues. But first, try the methods I described.