wifi on asus laptop not working

Akhilesh_5

Estimable
Aug 14, 2016
hi My friend have an Asus Laptop s400c.the wifi is not working properly he need to go near the wifi modem to use wifi on it and when he wants to use it in his room the wifi doesnt work on his laptop but on his mobile he gets it

he format the laptop and put windows 10 on it he thought that it was just a driver setting problem but still the same

can anyone help me on this problem????

Solution
You can, as black and [strike]while[/strike] white have identical antennas at their end in most cases but using just one will be weaker because while main is for sending and receiving data, aux is for helping remove noise and getting better signal.

[Typo corrected by moderator]

Mister_MO

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
Looks like antenna cable disconnected or broke inside notebook. If its it just disconnection, you can easily fix it by opening bottom cover and plugging in 2 cables that lead to wifi card, one is black and one is white, on card should be black and white triangles near connector with main and aux description, they indicate what cable go where. If antenna cable is broken, you need replace it but that will be bit hard as you need disassemble whole notebook.

Akhilesh_5

Estimable
Aug 14, 2016
if the black cable is broken can i use the white cable instead of the black cable beacuse it says that the white cable is alternate and the black is main ??
will it work with the white one???

Mister_MO

Commendable
Jul 28, 2016
You can, as black and [strike]while[/strike] white have identical antennas at their end in most cases but using just one will be weaker because while main is for sending and receiving data, aux is for helping remove noise and getting better signal.

[Typo corrected by moderator]

Solution