WiFi problem kindle

Apr 6, 2018
I can access my internet on my apple devices however cannot access with my amazon kindle. When accessing the network with apple devices a password is required. When trying to access with the kindle it connects to network and no password is requested. Although it is shown as connected I cannot access the net

NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, and if the tablet is under warranty, I would contact the manufacturer.

1. Try and restart the tablet. Sometimes it is that simple.

2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the tablet.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the tablet to make sure it is correct.

4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi data on the tablet.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the tablet and re-input the WiFi data.

5. Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the tablet.

6. Make sure you have "Data" turned off on the device when using "WiFi" (that is if you have a plan with data through your tablet). If you don't make sure it is turned off, the device can keep trying to switch to "Data" when you try and use "WiFi".

Apr 6, 2018
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it did not resolve the issue and I have had the tablet for a couple of years so warranty no longer applies. It has worked previously I just wish I could go into something to make it ask for the password.

Sep 17, 2018

Sep 17, 2018
Same issues here...and my family have 3 Kindle fires all with the same issues....Internet breaks off after a few minutes, reboot, restart, change your underwear, swing a cat around your head 3 times and pray to Satan, eat your own earwax.....nothing! Time and again folks are posting the same issues about kindles and bad Internet connections......it's Amazon Kindles that are crap and that's it.....reports that aftercare is crap, developers not bothered on suffice updates and fixes......not bad for a company that has just been in the news as breaking the trillion dollar barrier of business worth. Took me half an hour to get to one of my game accounts on mine yestwrday......so Don't buy a Kindle.....their crap!

Nov 3, 2018
I solved my Kindle wifi connection problems by assigning a static IP address on my router. It is also necessary to set up the DNS for this connection as 8.8.8.8 (per Amazon Tech support). When I did both those things, the Kindle Voyage connected right away with no trouble.

Dec 3, 2018
I discovered that I can only use either the 2.4Gig band or the 5Ggig ban BUT NOT AT THE SAME TIME!!!. If I turn off my 5gig I can connect to the 2.4Gig band. If I turn off the 2.4Gig Band and turn on the 5Gig band I can make a connection. As an experiment I connected to the 2.4Gig band (with the 5Gig band turned off) I then turned on the radio for the 5Gig band....Within 20 seconds I could see that my IP address dropped off. I am using a D-link router. I have turned off the 5Gig band & now have no connection issues.