Wifi Stalls/Disconnects randomly but Wifi is fine elsewhere

Mar 26, 2018
I have a Asus Zenfone AR phone running the latest firmware it can support (Android 7.0, Security patch level from September 1, 2017) and I often face issues with using Wifi at home. It will load things on twitter or other webpages at first, but the more I scroll the wifi will freeze and things won't load right away until after a minute or so then repeats.

On other devices, I don't have this issue. Whether it be PC, Laptop, or Smart TV, I don't face these issues except on my android. Are there any apps or fixes that can be made to prevent this from happening again? Thanks.

Solution
An app wouldn't effect this. Meaning there is no app that can make it better. Nor would the version of Android you are using. However, since you are wanting to access via WiFi I would first suggest you go into "Settings" and then turn off "Data". At least while you are connecting via WiFi. Even if your phone has a data plan, having it on while using WiFi can sometimes interfere. You can always turn it back on when not using the WiFi.

Also you can try the following...

a. Clear out the WiFi data on the phone.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the phone and re-input the WiFi data.

Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the phone. Yes, I know you said...
An app wouldn't effect this. Meaning there is no app that can make it better. Nor would the version of Android you are using. However, since you are wanting to access via WiFi I would first suggest you go into "Settings" and then turn off "Data". At least while you are connecting via WiFi. Even if your phone has a data plan, having it on while using WiFi can sometimes interfere. You can always turn it back on when not using the WiFi.

Also you can try the following...

a. Clear out the WiFi data on the phone.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the phone and re-input the WiFi data.

Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the phone. Yes, I know you said the other devices work fine, however, all it takes is just one. It is really common for one device to notice issues and not others. Also the more devices there are on that particular WiFi the more issues that can happen. So I would try checking your internet connection.

Solution