wifi won't work on asus maximus xi hero (wifi)

Oct 10, 2018
So I'm using the ASUS Maximus Xi Hero (Wifi) motherboard but the wifi won't work! I'm using the antenna that came with the motherboard but when I go to network settings on windows 10 my network won't show up. And in order to activate windows 10 I need wifi. What do I do?

Solution
Actually you need internet, not WiFi. You should be able to connect via Ethernet to get what is needed and then update what is needed for the WiFi to work.

Also, Windows shouldn't need activation unless the device is new or it is having the entire system reinstalled. Even then activation shouldn't be required to get it working.

Start with the Ethernet connection.
Actually you need internet, not WiFi. You should be able to connect via Ethernet to get what is needed and then update what is needed for the WiFi to work.

Also, Windows shouldn't need activation unless the device is new or it is having the entire system reinstalled. Even then activation shouldn't be required to get it working.

Start with the Ethernet connection.

Solution
Oct 10, 2018

The problem is that my router is in the basement and my room is on the third floor I can't really use ethernet