Wii Emulator Gives Peek at HD Wii Graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Technically the Wii supports Enhanced Definition-- 480p, which is double the standard def 480i -- not HD, but still better than SD.

gamerk316

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
Not AF, Dolphins been worked on for a while now. And for the record, Emulation is perfectly legal, provided you own the software. Now, downloading games/BIOS, thats clearly illegial.

Raid3r

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Not AF, Dolphins been worked on for a while now. And for the record, Emulation is perfectly legal, provided you own the software. Now, downloading games/BIOS, that's clearly illegialbusiness related.

jkeelsnc

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
I wonder what the possibilities are of incorporating HD upconversion from the WII the way some DVD and BluRay drives can do? If it is done propertly it seems to work pretty well. Perhaps Nintendo should consider offering this as an upgrade or built in feature for the Wii in the future.

cl_spdhax1

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
nintendo just made the wii sd slot, limited to 2gb sd format, fully functionally with the newer standard sdhc (6gb maxed) with just by a patch.

like jkeel said, they should have the option to allow even 720p via software. the wii components cables are able to run 720p fine.

stridervm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2008
Pssh. I'm playing PS1 games at Full HD resolution. Old news.

Seriously though. Dolphin's emulation isn't perfect. But good enough to set very beautiful Full HD screenshots of some Wii games.

G

Nothing new!
You can even emulate snes etc on higher resolutions (though doesn't mean the game will necessarily look better.

What about running this on a 2Ghz core2duo and an ATI radeon 4780? Wouldn't that reduce cpu a bit?

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]stridervm[/nom]Pssh. I'm playing PS1 games at Full HD resolution.[/citation]
I've been playing PS2 games at 1920x1200 for a while now. Great with a wireless Dualshock 3 on my PC. Although some games have issues with the aspect ratio, and some I can't even get to play at resolutions that high.

[citation][nom]cl_spdhax1[/nom]they should have the option to allow even 720p via software. the wii components cables are able to run 720p fine.[/citation]
The Wii doesn't have the graphical power to output at 720p, at least now without cutting back to PS1 graphics.

G

It's impossible for the Wii to output 720p or above in its current state. It's a physical limitation of the framebuffer. It just isn't large enough to store the raw data required.

Status
Not open for further replies.