Wii Sports Resort, MotionPlus Coming July

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_one111

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2008
Lightsaber duels? That ain't gonna cause issues...

"Timmy you don't ACTUALLY have to twirl the lightsaber around your back like in the movies.."

*Glass breaks*

trevorvdw

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
I'm sure with all the money Nintendo just told us they're saving on making Wiis they add the MotionPlus technology to all wiimotes going forward since they really should have it anyway.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
So is this going to be an add-on forever, are they going to be including it in the box, or are they going to include it on the controller on new consoles? That would be pretty crappy if it is not included in the box but not surprising at all. If they leave it out they can tack on Wii Sports as a game sale and then cite monumental sales numbers in excess of 20 million.

If you subtract the "throw em in" games that Nintendo gives away they lose half of their game sales.

Marcus Yam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2008
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]So is this going to be an add-on forever, are they going to be including it in the box, or are they going to include it on the controller on new consoles? That would be pretty crappy if it is not included in the box but not surprising at all. If they leave it out they can tack on Wii Sports as a game sale and then cite monumental sales numbers in excess of 20 million. If you subtract the "throw em in" games that Nintendo gives away they lose half of their game sales.[/citation]
I believe that this will be a stand-alone hardware piece for now. I think it's unfortunate that it could potentially splinter the market between those who have the MotionPlus, and those who don't. It never works out well this way.

hercules

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
It will be like wiispeak in the way it will be cheaper to get it with the game but you can get it separately personally i cant wait to see just how good it is!

mustwarnothers

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
I enjoy the Wii I purchased, but I think that the MotionPlus has the ability to tip the scales from "Fun gimmick" to full on Fun.

Precision with the remote is what is lacking from the system (besides the processing hardware).

If it's as accurate as they claim, I'm sure Developers can dish out some pretty fun games involving swords, light sabers, weapons etc.

G

seeing those 2 controllers, I had to think the only game missing on the Wii is skiing! Hold the 2 controllers in your hands like sticks, and stand on the whites quare used for aerobics,and you have a ski game!

G

So when is Nintendo going to release a golf game with more new courses.Please no more Tiger woods golf games either E.A

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]seeing those 2 controllers, I had to think the only game missing on the Wii is skiing! Hold the 2 controllers in your hands like sticks, and stand on the whites quare used for aerobics,and you have a ski game![/citation]

"the whites quare" ? Do you mean the $99 electronic scale also known as the Wii Fit (or in my house, the "damn thing called me fat")? Yes, it's about time THAT thing had a killer app.

G

[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]"the whites quare" ? Do you mean the $99 electronic scale also known as the Wii Fit (or in my house, the "damn thing called me fat")? Yes, it's about time THAT thing had a killer app.[/citation]
you happen to know if it has many sensors (senses from many angles) or if it acts more like a single switch seeing if there's someone on it?

I actually never played a Wii; the motion etc, would make me go crazy in my type of games. (Try playing wipeout on that! lol )

tomm09

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
The first wii sports is really a poor production value game. Disregard the graphics, the game is just poor, it is basically a demo to show how to use Wiimote. I found playing other sports game like Madden NFL or Virtua Tennis is much more fun.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]"the whites quare" ? Do you mean the $99 electronic scale also known as the Wii Fit (or in my house, the "damn thing called me fat")? Yes, it's about time THAT thing had a killer app.[/citation]

The Wii Fit already has multiple skiing mini games.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]ProDigit80[/nom]seeing those 2 controllers, I had to think the only game missing on the Wii is skiing! Hold the 2 controllers in your hands like sticks, and stand on the whites quare used for aerobics,and you have a ski game![/citation]

hmm... Are you talking about the game called "We Ski" and "We Ski & Snowboard"? Both of them have been out for sale for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS