WikiLeaks App Mysteriously Pulled from iTunes

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]First off enough with the spam already. Secondly it is not illegal to pass on or facilitate the passing on of information that has been obtained illegally unless you are the one stealing the information. As I understand the person in the military that obtained the docs is being brought up on charges. It is not illegal for Wikileaks, or anyone else to leak the information. Not only that but the press has an obligation to the public to break these stories. If it were illegal, there would be charges filed, not apps being pulled. So dont post stuff that is totally false. Go back to watching Fox News,[/citation]

first and formost, that information is classified, if you're not authorized to handle classified material YOU WILL GO TO JAIL in america whether you are american or not, if your not aermican you face espionage and spying charges. things would not be classified if it was okay for just any one to look at them, READ THE LAWS ON IT FIRST. second these classified documents and communications were digitally encrypted, so you also face not only FCC violation charges but also the digital encryption act where if you are not labeled specifically as a key holder you have NO RIGHT TO HANDLE OR VIEW SAID DOCUMENTS/TRANSMISSIONS/KEYS TO DECRYPT OR DECYRPTION. that was also passed buring the time of the digital millenium copy right act to handle new forms of commiting treason that were not explicitly labeled as covered under the constitution of the united states.

the thing you need to ask yourself is if you are willing to risk your freedom, your life, and everything you own just to see this stuff. also a tip from connections i have, the man is tracking this stuff and person(s) connected with this, it may not be used against you, unless you give them reason to. they understand they can't prosecute every one, but watch your step next time you run a red light or get a dui, or anything else illegal. i was specifically told to watch my step and not even jay walk if i have any connection with this material, and this was by long time friends that have more security clearances then every one on toms put together.

G

[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]treason is as treason does, any website carrying this information is not only all the proof the attorney general for the united states needs, but is also evidence that can be used against any american or american business. i'm pretty damn sure all the executive officers, owners, board of dirctors, and well anyone else in the company that handled the information or it's approval doesn't want to be executed or go to prison on multiple charges each carrying 10 year sentences and 1775 era fines would be the least of their worries as they risk all thier assest and seizure of the business by the federal government.the constitution of the united states of america covers this. punishment ranges from 10 year sentences, IMMEDIATE EXECUTION and or 5k fines (remember this was written back in 1775). the men who wrote that article were and still are much smarter then all the politicians we've had since then.TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 115CHAPTER 115—TREASON, SEDITION, AND SUBVERSIVE ACTIVITIES•§ 2381. Treason•§ 2382. Misprision of treason•§ 2383. Rebellion or insurrection•§ 2384. Seditious conspiracy•§ 2385. Advocating overthrow of Government•§ 2386. Registration of certain organizations•§ 2387. Activities affecting armed forces generally•§ 2388. Activities affecting armed forces during war•§ 2389. Recruiting for service against United States•§ 2390. Enlistment to serve against United Statesthis wiki @hole forgets america is at war, and now have 35,000 american troops in south korea now facing threats of nuclear war from north korea do to these leaks. if it happens i will personally hunt down this retard and any retard connected to 'leaking' this information myself and make sure they can never leak anything again!my vote is no mercy to the enemy and any who aid them in any way, but that doesn't mean much of anything with the communist american haters who are in leading things in america right now. the only hope i have left is that the russians get them and fast.[/citation]

cool... when do we start killing all journalist & reporters?

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]treason is as treason does, any website carrying this information is not only all the proof the attorney general for the united states needs, but is also evidence that can be used against any american or american business. .[/citation]

The only person that can be brought up on charges of treason is the person who obtained the information illegally and leaked it. Second you know that the guy that runs wikileaks isnt an american right? Thats kinda big since only americans can be brought up on charges of treason in america.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom]first and formost, that information is classified, if you're not authorized to handle classified material YOU WILL GO TO JAIL in america whether you are american or not, if your not aermican you face espionage and spying charges. things would not be classified if it was okay for just any one to look at them, READ THE LAWS ON IT FIRST. second these classified documents and communications were digitally encrypted, so you also face not only FCC violation charges but also the digital encryption act where if you are not labeled specifically as a key holder you have NO RIGHT TO HANDLE OR VIEW SAID DOCUMENTS/TRANSMISSIONS/KEYS TO DECRYPT OR DECYRPTION. that was also passed buring the time of the digital millenium copy right act to handle new forms of commiting treason that were not explicitly labeled as covered under the constitution of the united states.the thing you need to ask yourself is if you are willing to risk your freedom, your life, and everything you own just to see this stuff. also a tip from connections i have, the man is tracking this stuff and person(s) connected with this, it may not be used against you, unless you give them reason to. they understand they can't prosecute every one, but watch your step next time you run a red light or get a dui, or anything else illegal. i was specifically told to watch my step and not even jay walk if i have any connection with this material, and this was by long time friends that have more security clearances then every one on toms put together.[/citation]

Are you 14years old? or just a serious troll. I cant believe that you really believe what your are saying. First it is illegal for the guy that stole the documents. And by all means he should go to prison.But it is not illegal for the press to publish this information. And, yes I want to live in a transparent world. A world where the government is held responsible for their actions. After all I pay for everything they do. If you want to live in a country that tells you what to do; move to a dictatorship.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]You obviously know nothing about geopolitics. We keep that corrupt gov in place because the other choice would be a civil war. Damned hippie, only good a whining on stuff they dont understand. Principles are nice and all but they dont win wars.[/citation]

How on Earth did you come up with the logic that not having a corrupt government would lead
to "civil war"? A leadership that has the support of the people is much stronger and secure
than a leadership that is corrupted and despised. Even if you simply made a error and used the wrong word and meant revolution. However even this fails to make sense as I cannot think of one example of the people revolting against a government because the government was not corrupt.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]Are you 14years old? or just a serious troll. I cant believe that you really believe what your are saying. First it is illegal for the guy that stole the documents. And by all means he should go to prison.But it is not illegal for the press to publish this information. And, yes I want to live in a transparent world. A world where the government is held responsible for their actions. After all I pay for everything they do. If you want to live in a country that tells you what to do; move to a dictatorship.[/citation]
no i am not 14, i am 3 times older then dinosuar poo. 2nd i have more security clearance then you, 3rd i have studied law, i do know what is and is not legal.
yes the pfc that leaked this info is getting his butt nailed to the wall in leavenworth as we speak, and yes he is squealing like a pig to everything he did, knows, and who is involved.
3rd i dare you to watch what happens to anyone in wikileaks.org should they ever step foot in american jurisdiction or soil.
and since they are not american they do not get american privledges or rights and has established themselves as enemies of the state, need i explain what happens to those people?
alot more then will ever be written down on the classified report of what will happen to them.
this can not even be close to compared to watergate as that was totally different. vietnam was a UN police action. you seem to forget we are in a state of war, and different laws apply during those times, while you aree not being subject to rationing and air raid drills and blackouts as a way to remind you, those laws in effect at times of war are not kind to loose lips that think they have a right to flap in the wind concerning anything to do with military information whether it be the count of all rivets produced for military air craft to classified and top secret documents.
until you volunteer to go replace the 35,000 army, air force, navy and marines stationed in south korea right now, i have no respect for the blatherings of some yuppie college kid who thinks they know better then everyone else concerning everything. please go read the laws i posted, it does not spell out every little detail, it is just a brief glossary of what those laws are, and pertain to. it's my friendly way to remind people like you who think the government is entirely evil for no good reason.
if you really had a problem with what is being done, then you would go get a petition to get the removal of the politicians handling this stuff and the removal of their staff such as commrade hillary clinton and others who are authorizing this stuff.
that is the proper way to handle changing the direction of political and commercial interests leading america into the dismal twlight of glory.
if you can't grab the reigns and lead, follow some one who can, or get out of the way for the rest of us who can.

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]If a civil war means I dont have to listen to your stupid rants than I am all for it. So your solution is to keep a corrupt goverment in place, Hide all the details that it is corrupt from the public, throw people who report about the corruption in jail, to avoid a civil war? That is the most retarded thing I have read today. Also you state that the government should do anything it wants in a time of war. So what happens when they pass all these laws stripping you of your basic rights, and then the war ends. Are you stupid enough to think that the laws wont still be enforced?[/citation]

Im talking about the afghan gov here...

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]f-14[/nom] this can not even be close to compared to watergate as that was totally different.[/citation]

This can absolutely be compared to watergate. Freedom of the press is freedom of the press go back and read the laws.

[citation][nom]f-14[/nomi have no respect for the blatherings of some yuppie college kid who thinks they know better then everyone else concerning everything.[/citation]

First off I also was in the military. I know how the show is ran. So know who you are talking to first.

[citation][nom]f-14[/nomif you really had a problem with what is being done, then you would go get a petition to get the removal of the politicians handling this stuff and the removal of their staff such as commrade hillary clinton and others who are authorizing this stuff.that is the proper way to handle changing the direction of political and commercial interests leading america into the dismal twlight of glory.if you can't grab the reigns and lead, follow some one who can, or get out of the way for the rest of us who can.[/citation]

See that arguement is flawed. If I cant be informed of what is going on in the government, (something I now know because of the leaks) why would I file a petition?

Lastly, You arent leading anything but clan in your mothers basement. So you need to read a little more or moan a little less. You seem fine living in a country that abuses its citizens. As far as when you said "the man is tracking the people who are reading these leaks, and will hand out punishments accordingly" I just feel thats sad that you approve of a country that would do that.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]Im talking about the afghan gov here...[/citation]

Okay so we went from being a country that spreads freedom to a country that keeps corrupt governments around the world in place so that it will not lead to a civil war in that country. Gotcha Thanks.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]princeofdreams[/nom]And covering up a corrupt government to allow them to continue doing the same thing and to continue being corrupt is quite alright though I guess... Continue with your beliefs as they strip you of your constitution, remove the first amendment, I mean anyone who questions it MUST be unpatriotic and a terrorist... Sheesh the morons are out today[/citation]
Your claim of a corrupt government is irrelevant to the argument of whether or not wiki-leaks broke the law. According you your argument here, it is okay to break the law as long as it exposes some kind of wrong-doing. We can call this the "princeofdreams" rule. If we apply the princeofdreamsrule to other things, then it is okay for me to sneak into someone's house and videotape them doing something illegal. And then post it on the internet. Hey, I exposed something that was clearly corrupt, so by the princeofdreams rule, I cannot be prosecuted for the multiple laws I just broke. Isn't that the true threat to the constitution?

Now you will probably argue that it is only okay to do this in certain situations, but then you have to figure out who decides such things, and now you have 2 or more sets of standards that apply differently to different people or organizations. Then you will have corruption beyond any doubt.

ooo

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2006
f-14: I bet with my heart ur a soldier used to follow orders and like such as naturally thinks he has to follow every order given by the command chain and thats is cool and ok in the army but not with civilians that they are only ruled by infrigment of law, we have right and duties, our rights are that we have the right to know about information of whats going own with our goverment and their actions and our money that pays keeping our life style, therefore the authorities here has to give answers to us civilians , because is their dutie to do it, no like the army where the generals dont have to give explanations by the orders they give, the goverment has to answer for our taxes given to them, is not only one channel order, like in the army and the chain of command, is like the people are the ones given authority to the goverment to proceeed according the people needs, not the opposite, thats why to find trouble understanding this, the people is not like soldiers, we are like ur chief on command giving u and order that says: i triust my money with u son (soldier) to manage it for me and invest it in the ways you know is convenient to me, thas my order.... because thats the goverment duty, ...now the goverment "in the best of my interests" they think they can do whatever they want, and should not be like that, but you stay close to much time close to a big pile of money and you will soon find that they are not longer protecting my interests, they are only looking at the money and how to take it from me in absurbs ways i dont notice...= corruption...

tommysch

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]Okay so we went from being a country that spreads freedom to a country that keeps corrupt governments around the world in place so that it will not lead to a civil war in that country. Gotcha Thanks.[/citation]

When were we a country ''that spreads freedom''? At least that made me laugh. Seriously, wars are never fought to spread freedom, its to protect our geopolitical interests directly or indirectly.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]Your claim of a corrupt government is irrelevant to the argument of whether or not wiki-leaks broke the law. According you your argument here, it is okay to break the law as long as it exposes some kind of wrong-doing. We can call this the "princeofdreams" rule. If we apply the princeofdreamsrule to other things, then it is okay for me to sneak into someone's house and videotape them doing something illegal. And then post it on the internet. Hey, I exposed something that was clearly corrupt, so by the princeofdreams rule, I cannot be prosecuted for the multiple laws I just broke. Isn't that the true threat to the constitution? Now you will probably argue that it is only okay to do this in certain situations, but then you have to figure out who decides such things, and now you have 2 or more sets of standards that apply differently to different people or organizations. Then you will have corruption beyond any doubt.[/citation]

That is a terrible analogy. Wikileaks didnt break into anything and that is the distinction. The material was handed over to them. Here is a better analogy. While you were breaking into a house you saw that the husband murdered the wife. You got it on film. You come to me and say "hey I videotaped this murder but I dont want to take it to the cops." You give me the tape and I take it to the cops. You should get arrested for breaking in. The husband should be held accountable for the murder. I should get a medal for putting a murderer in jail (not arrested).

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]TommySch[/nom]When were we a country ''that spreads freedom''? At least that made me laugh. Seriously, wars are never fought to spread freedom, its to protect our geopolitical interests directly or indirectly.[/citation]

So then its okay to a immoral. As far as I am concerned then its okay to be exposed for your immorality

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Those files are not illegal, I don't know where you got that from. They are public domain because they are from your own government. Your gov has laws that enable you to request any documents it has, but there are usually hoops that you have to jump through to get them.

It is a government of the people for the people. All documents belong to the public. You can also find out how much (or at least the salary range) of everyone working in the government.

Stop being naive.

princeofdreams

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]Your claim of a corrupt government is irrelevant to the argument of whether or not wiki-leaks broke the law. According you your argument here, it is okay to break the law as long as it exposes some kind of wrong-doing. We can call this the "princeofdreams" rule. If we apply the princeofdreamsrule to other things, then it is okay for me to sneak into someone's house and videotape them doing something illegal. And then post it on the internet. Hey, I exposed something that was clearly corrupt, so by the princeofdreams rule, I cannot be prosecuted for the multiple laws I just broke. Isn't that the true threat to the constitution? Now you will probably argue that it is only okay to do this in certain situations, but then you have to figure out who decides such things, and now you have 2 or more sets of standards that apply differently to different people or organizations. Then you will have corruption beyond any doubt.[/citation]

This has got to be one of the worst analogies I have ever heard, Assuange and wikileaks did not break into anything, they were just handed the documents. He is Australian... He has no allegiance to America, just as you have no allegiance to France or Russia. Tell me if you were given documents pertaining to misdoings by a foreign government, that exposed corruption in China for example, what would you do with them? Run to the Chinese embassy and hand them in quickly? No I thought not, you would hand them to some local government official or to the press

He is a reporter it is his DUTY to expose corruption and illegal activity. The incumbent president of the USA always claims to be the "leader" of the free world, America claims to be the beacon of democracy to the rest of the world, but now it is exposed, its double standards there for the world to see. Can you imagine the uproar if Russian or Chinese politicians called for the murder of an American Journalist that exposed some proof of corruption in those countries, yet American politicians are now calling for the cold bloodied murder of a foreign journalist with impunity and actually people think this is ok, it is not it is disgusting.

This is exactly why your founding fathers wrote the first amendment, so that people were free to speak, free to tell the truth without persecution. It was an amendment designed to protect the people from governmental corruption and extremes, now you want to tear it up, throw it away. People say it is putting serve men and women at risk, but it isn't, no military secrets have come out, just double standards, like spying on the UN in complete breech of an agreement signed by the US not to do so,

Remember a government is elected by the people, it works on behalf of the people, it is answerable to the people, those are the principles of democracy. Yet the American, British and a whole hos of other so called Western democracies are eroding those rights, and when questioned about it, scream traitor, but no one is traitor for ensuring their government is just and honest, and only a FOOL falls for media driven hyteria

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]tokenz[/nom]Are you 14years old? or just a serious troll. I cant believe that you really believe what your are saying. First it is illegal for the guy that stole the documents. And by all means he should go to prison.But it is not illegal for the press to publish this information. And, yes I want to live in a transparent world. A world where the government is held responsible for their actions. After all I pay for everything they do. If you want to live in a country that tells you what to do; move to a dictatorship.[/citation]
You keep calling him a troll but I dont think you understand what the word really means.. It doesnt matter at all what you think of Wikileaks... Anyone viewing classified documents without authorization AND clearance is in violation of the law. Even if you have "top secret" clearance, you are still not allowed to view classified material unless you have a "need to know"... Also, you keep trying to say that its not illegal to posses classified material if your not the one that stole it? Are you really that dumb? Do you know how many people are in prison right now for possession of stolen property that they themselves did not steal?

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]ooo[/nom] we have right and duties, our rights are that we have the right to know about information of whats going own with our goverment and their actions and our money that pays keeping our life style, therefore the authorities here has to give answers to us civilians, because is their dutie to do it, ..[/citation]
i want direct laws cited saying you have rights as an american citizen to this info. i've already stated laws that prohibit you from explicitly having it with articles straight from the consitution itself as well as newer laws some as recent as the digital encryption act signed by billy clinton himself that tie into exactly this sort of thing.
i understand where you guys are comming from, i don't like all the back door dirty politics going on either.
what your failing to see is these wiki guys are provoking open agression of countries that hate the freedoms and values and ways of life of the united states and it's way of forcing them to adopt them when those countries. did you fail to notice north korea is suddenly threatening nuclear war on the south koreans and against the united states right after this b.s. started leaking esp. when alot of it pertains to north korea? lets not forget nuclear armed pakistan and all the british, and american and nato forces parked right across the border from them. pakistan is already having a hard time staving off war with it's neighbor india, which is also nuclear armed?
has nothing about world war 1 and world war 2 taught you nothing?
do you not see the out right manipulation by the british,and french governments on american foriegn policy ever since world war 2? it certainly isn't the common american peoples interests to get involved in the civil wars of north and south korea or vietnam.
it was defintely in the interests of the bankers and arms dealers and makers. we are still reaping some benefit from those wars to this day. try following the money trail if you want accountability and explanations , that is all public information under campaign finanacial disclosure.
i'd rather strong arm the rest of the world into forced submittal of democracy and make them live by modern standards i believe every one should have american rights and freedoms, that'd be leading into a federated planet and i couldn't care less about the rest of the world esp. when they want to live in the midevial era like the muslims!
i guess you don't care since the 3rd world war is going to be the war that ends all wars and the countries ready to start it are looking for excuses over any slight.
i get the whole anti-sheeple movement, i really do, but jeapordizing peoples lives and safety that aren't part of the problem is the wrong way to do this. esp when some pompus @$$ can't tell the difference between a camera tri pod and an rpg and a group of people either aiding or not stopping them from trying to kill my friends and family which those american journalist were obligated to do.
if you still don't understand what i'm getting at, it's the equivelant of me killing any one who got in my way to stop the people in washington from being evil/corrupt/stupid.
or poisoning all the drugs in the world killing all the users just to stop the drug wars. exaggerated over dramatic examples, but hey, it would work!
this is not the federation of planets and we are a long way from even thinking about trying to start that type of idealism into practical world means. peace takes along time, more then you can imagine global threats only take a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.