WikiLeaks App Mysteriously Pulled from iTunes

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

f-14 I dont know if what you say is true or not but I do know it might not be true in some other contries, lets say where the site was hosted

guardianangel42

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2010
Seriously, you guys don't follow much digital rights news do you? Is it legal for me to download stolen music? Is it legal for me to buy stolen items? Is it legal for me to download stolen movies?

Why would it be legal to distribute stolen classified documents? Answer me that.

jaksun5

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Again, all you mugs who appropriate United States laws to people abroad are just that, mugs. There's really no point arguing with you. It's bleeding obvious who's from the US on this site and who isn't.

From what I understand, possession of stolen property IS illegal

Why would it be legal to distribute stolen classified documents?

This isn't the latest Justin Beiber song, it's information that in many cases is in the public interest. If it's in the public interest then it can be reported in media. Please don't give me some line about it not being in the US public interest, we're talking about international community here. I would also argue that it's in the US public interest for them to know the truth about what their elected government does, especially when what they do behind closed doors is the opposite of what they say tell the public they are doing.

Oh, and Le Monde has announced Assange as man of the year. This guy is challenging the establishment. Only people who can't think for themselves would not want the information so they can make their own decisions about what is right and wrong.

Land of democracy and the free.

Status
Not open for further replies.