Solved! Will a monitor that only supports VGA but says it displays 1080p display 1080p when converted thrugh a HDMI to VGA converter on a laptop

Apr 29, 2019
Howdy,
I recently found one of my old monitors from 2009 the BenQ G2220HD. I just bought for $24 of ebay a HDMI to VGA converter so I can connect my Nitro 5 Acer laptop Im just curious before i open it and attempt to use it if I will be able to get Full HD through to the monitor as well as the 60hz promised. Also Ive heard i may need a HDMI splitter to allow the laptop or xbox either or to 'notice the display is this true?

Solution
You can only get what the monitor gets. Not what your laptop can get, or what the converter says it can get you. So the max the monitor can get is the max you can get.

That said, VGA doesn't get you the best graphics. It is the DVI connection on the device that would get you the better graphics.
You can only get what the monitor gets. Not what your laptop can get, or what the converter says it can get you. So the max the monitor can get is the max you can get.

That said, VGA doesn't get you the best graphics. It is the DVI connection on the device that would get you the better graphics.

Solution