Will earphones work with pc?

Solution
Earphones should be okay plugged in to a PC, but you might not get the mic to work as it's designed to be used on portable devices like mobile phones, iPods etc which have a combo earphone/mic jack (ie a single jack for both mic in & audio out).

Your PC will most likely have separate jacks for mic in & audio out, so if your Skullcandy only has a single jack for both functions, the mic won't work when used on your PC.

I could be wrong but that's what I suspect.

You really need a PC headset with two separate jacks to guarantee that the mic will work on a PC.
Earphones should be okay plugged in to a PC, but you might not get the mic to work as it's designed to be used on portable devices like mobile phones, iPods etc which have a combo earphone/mic jack (ie a single jack for both mic in & audio out).

Your PC will most likely have separate jacks for mic in & audio out, so if your Skullcandy only has a single jack for both functions, the mic won't work when used on your PC.

I could be wrong but that's what I suspect.

You really need a PC headset with two separate jacks to guarantee that the mic will work on a PC.

Solution

bharath747

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
what do you mean by a speaker set? (sorry i'm a newb) is it like a earphone amp? and i'm going to use this primarily for watching videos and listening to songs