Will games destroyed battery?

rickyky

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
I think games destroyed my Note 2 battery. I often played games for hours straight while charging. Last Sunday, I let the phone pluging over night without running any app or game, but next morning my phone was blazing hot so I had to let it cool down. Half hour later I tried reboot it but fail to see any logo. Then I took the dead phone to shcool and borrowed friend's mpj backup battery, swapped it, and everything worked perfectly again.

Now I have ordered a new battery online. I am not sure if playing games while charging could destroy the battery, if so, i swear wont do it again.

Solution
Lithium based batteries, which most batteries are built upon, reduces life span whenever it gets hot - above living room temperature.

While you charge your battery it gets hot because it can't utilize all the power it gets. The power it can't use turns into heat. Power can't just disappear, it will always turn into another form of power, and in this case it turns into heat.

Gaming also turns into a lot of heat, because it neither can utilize all the power in your battery. Therefore some of the power again turns into heat.

Gaming + charging = a lot of heat. It could potentionally fry your battery.

JohnPMyers

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
Doing anything on any cell phone that uses alot of power while charging does hurt the battery. That is most likely the cause of what happened, especially since you've already proven it is the battery that went bad and nothing else. Batteries last the longest when you allow them to fully charge, then don't charge them anymore until they're nearly dead. I know no one actually does this (myself included), but that is actually best. Constant use while charging just wears them out faster.

lostgamer_03

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
Lithium based batteries, which most batteries are built upon, reduces life span whenever it gets hot - above living room temperature.

While you charge your battery it gets hot because it can't utilize all the power it gets. The power it can't use turns into heat. Power can't just disappear, it will always turn into another form of power, and in this case it turns into heat.

Gaming also turns into a lot of heat, because it neither can utilize all the power in your battery. Therefore some of the power again turns into heat.

Gaming + charging = a lot of heat. It could potentionally fry your battery.

Solution

firecureve

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013
Charging and playing heavy games damages the battery very quickly. It is caused due to the overheating while charging, short Recharge n discharge cycles while charging n playing games and heat due to the GPU. Heat is the sole enemy of Battery. This is the same scenario in most of the mobile devices.
So I recommend you to first fully charge the device n play until the charge drains out.
Of course a good charger is also very important, if you need one, you can search on the Internet, I also purchased one on the Espow a few days ago,it's really good!site:http://www.espow.com/wholesale-batteries-chargers.html