will i be able to run the sims 3 on hp stream 14 with 7.3gb of memory left?

rosierosie0210

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
i want to download the sims 3 off originand says you need to have at least 7.1gb of storage for download, I only have 7.3 left if I download it will I be able to run it and run Microsoft word and powerpoint as well?

Solution
No, I would not bother unless you are going to install the game on something like a SD card or a USB thumb drive that does not stick out too much; like the following...

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-SDCZ43-128G-GAM46-Newest-Version/dp/B01BGTG2A0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1512138731&sr=8-4&keywords=128gb+usb+drive

Don't forget the following:

1. Windows updates generally makes Windows take up more storage space.
2. I assume you will want to save your game from time to time. Perhaps have multiple saves at different points in time because you don't want to be in a situation where you only have a single saved game file and it becomes corrupted.

The Stream 14 has a pretty weak graphics core. I would guess that you can play it on the...
No, I would not bother unless you are going to install the game on something like a SD card or a USB thumb drive that does not stick out too much; like the following...

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Ultra-SDCZ43-128G-GAM46-Newest-Version/dp/B01BGTG2A0/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1512138731&sr=8-4&keywords=128gb+usb+drive

Don't forget the following:

1. Windows updates generally makes Windows take up more storage space.
2. I assume you will want to save your game from time to time. Perhaps have multiple saves at different points in time because you don't want to be in a situation where you only have a single saved game file and it becomes corrupted.

The Stream 14 has a pretty weak graphics core. I would guess that you can play it on the lowest settings to get decent performance.

Solution
Better to install the Sims onto a USB drive, especially if the game runs decently enough and you want to install expansions. That way the base game and expansions are all in one location rather than the base game installed in the laptop and the expansion installed on the USB drive.

severinsen70

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
That's true, but I've read repeatedly running games off USB causes them to stop working sooner cause the IO isn't as efficient.

Also likely the games will load slower (usually not an issue to most).

I personally like to have my games on my laptop, and all my media files on a usb/external hdd. But that being said I've got about 500gb of games and 1+tb of media files.

TRENDING THREADS