Will it work? Dt 770 pro 250 ohm with B150 GAMING aura ASUD

fongj1821

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016
I recently purchased the dt770 250ohms wanted to get the 80ohm version but they ran out seeing as the CUSTOM one pro's didn't get much love compared to the DT 770, I decided to get it. Was wondering would I need an amp and dac to power and get the most out of em???
Currently using an ASUS B150 gaming aura with supreme fx audio.

I'm also planning on getting the audio engine a5 with the D1 in the future. and was wondering will the d1 be able to the job... I was also wondering are there any alternatives to the d1 dac for my future dilema cheers.

Solution
a dedicated unit for sound is always preferable when you get a decent pair of headphones. The onboard audio is probably enough to drive them, but I had the 80 ohms and I got blown away with the difference between my old Asus motherboard and a dedicated soundcard. Also I usually only have the volume on my pc to 12-14 and that is plenty high enough.

BringerOfTea

Estimable
Dec 17, 2015
a dedicated unit for sound is always preferable when you get a decent pair of headphones. The onboard audio is probably enough to drive them, but I had the 80 ohms and I got blown away with the difference between my old Asus motherboard and a dedicated soundcard. Also I usually only have the volume on my pc to 12-14 and that is plenty high enough.

Solution

fongj1821

Commendable
Feb 23, 2016

Thanks for your reply would you suggest to get a d1 dac/amp or get a sound card first?