Will my lap top die soon?

posterce

Estimable
Oct 23, 2015
I have read that lap top life span is about 2 yrs. I have mine almost 4 years and i use it exessvly(its turned on almost whole day and i also game 3-4hrs per day) but however its working fine, i have checked all parts with dell tech assitant tool and everything seems to be ok with the hardwere. Also my softwere is working fine i have windows 10 and and there are no errors or stuff.
My temp while gamig is about 75-82C, chrome and internet stuff 60-70C
So should i be worried that my lap top will give up soon and die?
Lap top specs:
Dell inspiron 3000 series
Intel i5 4210U
Ram 4gb
Nvidia 820m 2GB graphics
WD 5400 rpm HDD

Solution
Tech experts generally agree a computer should last anywhere between three to five years before needing to be replaced. Of course, this number is just a generalization and a number of factors play into lifespan, ranging from the computer's quality, care and room for upgrades. the most important factor in determining how useful your computer will be in three to five years is your intended use. Your computer's life span should end for you when it no longer meets your needs and upgrading is less economical than buying a new computer. Regularly updating your software, operating system and security software go a long way in keeping you up-to-date and protected from viruses and malware that could cut that lifespan short. It's also crucial...

DarkEngine

Estimable
Oct 9, 2015
Tech experts generally agree a computer should last anywhere between three to five years before needing to be replaced. Of course, this number is just a generalization and a number of factors play into lifespan, ranging from the computer's quality, care and room for upgrades. the most important factor in determining how useful your computer will be in three to five years is your intended use. Your computer's life span should end for you when it no longer meets your needs and upgrading is less economical than buying a new computer. Regularly updating your software, operating system and security software go a long way in keeping you up-to-date and protected from viruses and malware that could cut that lifespan short. It's also crucial to stay on top of BIOS and driver updates. Hope this helps you decide if you want to spill coffee on it or keep on, keeping on.

Solution

Clamyboy74

Estimable
Oct 25, 2014
If you take care of it, it will last a long time. My t420 from 2011 is still running fast, added an ssd and 8 gb ram and it still works fine for what I use it for

R0GG

Honorable
Dec 27, 2012
You'll probably be wanting to get rid of your laptop way before it will die on you! Help with laptop ventilation and some cleaning (software and hardware) or with some laptop cooling pad and it will last you for many years to come.