will my laptop support 144hz monitor?

thejniz

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
this is my laptop https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/S46CB/#specif..., im planning on either getting a 144hz monitor from asus or benq if my laptop can support it

Solution
It supports it, but there's really no point in worrying about 144Hz for a laptop because you'd have to be able to put out over 144FPS to take advantage of that refresh rate.

Any monitor works really as you want either DVI or HDMI for the laptop's HDMI output.

You'd be far better either:
a) Getting the best 60Hz monitor and game at 60FPS VSYNC'd, or
b) Get an Asus G-Sync monitor.

The new G-Sync monitors when paired with an HD600/700 series NVidia GPU give the smoothest gaming experience you can get anywhere. These monitors will be available in a few months.

Even at "only" 40FPS the gaming experience is incredibly smooth so you can take full advantage of that mobile NVidia GPU.
It supports it, but there's really no point in worrying about 144Hz for a laptop because you'd have to be able to put out over 144FPS to take advantage of that refresh rate.

Any monitor works really as you want either DVI or HDMI for the laptop's HDMI output.

You'd be far better either:
a) Getting the best 60Hz monitor and game at 60FPS VSYNC'd, or
b) Get an Asus G-Sync monitor.

The new G-Sync monitors when paired with an HD600/700 series NVidia GPU give the smoothest gaming experience you can get anywhere. These monitors will be available in a few months.

Even at "only" 40FPS the gaming experience is incredibly smooth so you can take full advantage of that mobile NVidia GPU.

Solution

thejniz

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
currently the only game i'm playing is counterstrike global offensive and get 150-200fps. and my friends told me to get this monitor. so i am pretty set on purchasing it. what cable or adapter would i need in order to get 144hz?