Will the heat and the cold coming from the vent in the car damage a smart phone when using a vent mount?

May 27, 2018
My husband recently got an LG smartphone. We bought a vent mount for it but he's wary about using it when the AC or heat are going. Is it safe for the phone to have those temps blowing on it? the design of our dashboard makes it hard to find a dash mount that will work.

No. He is right. Having it in front of the blowing a/c or heat is very bad for the device. The temps (for the components/hardware) are meant to be in a certain range. You would have to either look for something that can be mounted elsewhere, or don't mount the phone.

You could always try making car/drive time no electronics time. :)

No. He is right. Having it in front of the blowing a/c or heat is very bad for the device. The temps (for the components/hardware) are meant to be in a certain range. You would have to either look for something that can be mounted elsewhere, or don't mount the phone.

You could always try making car/drive time no electronics time. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Android Smartphones 3
D Android Smartphones 2
Indira Ennu Android Smartphones 1
M Android Smartphones 3
G Android Smartphones 1
R Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 2
G Android Smartphones 0
G Android Smartphones 0
M Android Smartphones 1
A Android Smartphones 1