Will the iPhone 4 Make Solar-Power More Popular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tntom

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
So they are basically refining the Solar Powered Calculator, making it the first solar powered calculator that does communications as well.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
The title is misleading, especially since the iphone doesnt use solar power. You should just report on the patent. Plus did I see this here before? Not for sure I read engadget yesterday. Seems like you are looking for articles on a slow news day.

Now for the patent. I dont see it as adding any real power to a device. It might trickle charge your battery in a month or so with no use on the device.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Errr wth o_O

If one really wants solar gadgets just get a panel, DC to AC inverter, and a 12v deep cycle battery then be able to use almost any pc, laptop, or mobile gadget that one wants.

Apple, wait for some one else to do the work only to perform a hostile take over then patten and profit.

djtronika

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
everyones hate on apple with this website is getting so old.

just take the news and comment on the news, not hate the company every friggin time.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
[citation][nom]djtronika[/nom]everyones hate on apple with this website is getting so old.just take the news and comment on the news, not hate the company every friggin time.[/citation]

So leave. My comment wasnt hating on apple, I just said the title is misleading. Now if the iphone 4 had the solar panel, and I could see specs on the juice it produced I might have commented different. Just like all the concepts posted here. Most are complete crap that will never make it to reality, much less production.

drutort

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2007
i remember reading some place new tech on solar panels ones that you can even in the future be able to just paint them on, its a new tech pretty much cylindrical style vs the linear type to day, the light goes inside the center and goes through the walls that way getting far more light then going through the other layer, at least thats how I understood it. I forget the efficiency or hope for, they said it will still be like something 5 years+ until its commercial :/

honestly patents should be like, you make prototype if not, you cant get the patent for your imaginary abstract ideas, that are just stooping the real production of the tech when it arrives, i think the whole idea was good with patents but is completely abused and misused today

G

sad that i have to read about press releases on epic apple 'fails' at yahoo because some editors don't want to show apples bad press http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc2445

Steve Jobs presenting another epic apple fail with iphone 4g public announcement~~ Iphone to network-Iphone to network, we have a failure to connect to wifi! teehee snicker guffaw so all the solar power in the world doesn't make a difference failure to connect during launch does!

opmopadop

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2009
I can see two things wrong with that stupid 'Solar Power' flow chart. Electronics is not software.

I hate UML charts! And the idiots who waste my time using them, and the idiot who made them....Ehem...

Is light available, Yes
Are solar panels activated... No
How did you figure out if there was light if the solar panels are disconnected... Yes, I used a external sensor
How was that sensor powered if the battery is drained and solar panels are disconnected... Apple Sauce

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Someone could patent things like that? I am shocked.
I guess it will end up as "multi touch interface" in US only from Apple.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Someone could patent things like that? I am shocked.I guess it will end up as "multi touch interface" in US only from Apple.[/citation]

Unfortunately you can patent any idea even if you can't yet create a working prototype or fully explain all functionality or potential use of the patent. Some patents are extensions of existing patents to add 1 minor element as well. Video game controller with vibration feedback becomes wireless video game controller with vibration feedback...

Status
Not open for further replies.