Will this $379 Acer Laptop Suffice?

duckflight

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
Hi All,

I'm in the search for a laptop for college. I'm trying to keep the cost down and came across this deal at Wal-Mart oddly enough. The specs look pretty good for the price (6th Gen i5) and from what I've read around, Acer is a decent brand. Link provided below, what do you think?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Acer-Aspire-E5-575-54E8-15.6-Laptop-Windows-10-Home-Intel-Core-i5-6200U-Dual-Core-Processor-6GB-Memory-1TB-Hard-Drive/51708809#about

1. I'm an Accounting major, so I'll have to use Excel/Access, MS Office
2. No gaming whatsoever
3. Don't need crazy battery life

If no, which is better at near price?

Thanks all.

Solution
The price doesn't seem too bad. The i5 is only dual core, so don't expect it to be able to handle anything intensive. 6 GB of RAM isn't much, but as long as you aren't running too many programs at once you'll be fine. I use a laptop from a few years ago with similar specs for school and it's enough. I have no trouble using MS office on it.

Lightening02

Commendable
Aug 28, 2016
The price doesn't seem too bad. The i5 is only dual core, so don't expect it to be able to handle anything intensive. 6 GB of RAM isn't much, but as long as you aren't running too many programs at once you'll be fine. I use a laptop from a few years ago with similar specs for school and it's enough. I have no trouble using MS office on it.

Solution