Solved! Win 10 clean reset hangs at "Installing features and drivers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene_Campbell

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
Acer cloudbook 32 GB SSD came new two months ago with Windows 10. Unable to uninstall enough apps and delete enough files to make room for Windows update requiring 4.7 GB free space, so decided to start fresh and delete all my files. Finally I am informed "Your PC will restart several times. Sit back and relax." But it hangs at 66% "Installing features and drivers. Configuring settings 7%"

After about half hour it reboots and returns to 64% with "Configuring settings" returning to zero but hanging again at 66% and again 7% for Configuring settings. Repeat, and repeat...

What to do?

Eugene_Campbell

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
Impossible to upgrade beyond 32GB, so stuck with that to work with. Don't know anything about virtual memory setting. Apparently hibernate is not an issue because overnight (I'm overseas) it continued to recycle the reboot routine even after the lid had been closed a long time. Still hung.

Meanwhile, this is one of those Windows-only notebooks that won't allow UEFI to be set off to legacy. Linux is not an option. If I get an external drive will it let me install?

Eugene_Campbell

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
DONE! This time instead of factory options to hook me up with every garbage pack available, I said no to everything and end up with over 11GB free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop Tech Support 4
TechnicallyUnsavy Laptop Tech Support 1
LaniAngelThrowAway Laptop Tech Support 2
bd01ng Laptop Tech Support 3
ototoxin Laptop Tech Support 2
yaezah Laptop Tech Support 1
--juliana-- Laptop Tech Support 8
tamedimpala1654 Laptop Tech Support 0
D Laptop Tech Support 2