ShuckGuy

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015
I have an Acer laptop (don't know which type) with Windows 10 (64 bit). I tried to start my computer and I randomly got a BSOD. It automatically rebooted, but now it stays on the acer screen. I searched it on google, and apparently it's a pretty common issue in Windows 10. I can't boot in safe mode either (tried F8 and shift + F8), because that doesn't work anymore in Windows 8 and higher. It's been like 3-5 months since I made a backup (yeah, that's pretty dumb) so I really hope I don't have to reset stuff... Can someone please help me? :3

-Sam

PS: Sorry if I made some grammar mistakes, English is not my first language... :3

Hi,

If it's stuck on the Acer logo chances are it may be a problem with the motherboard or HDD but here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and see if it will boot up normally.
- Next to try is to remove the HDD and boot the laptop and see if it will get pass the Acer logo because if it does that means its a problem with the HDD.
- Do try to format the HDD first with a fresh Windows 10 that may also help in solving the problem.
- If it's still stuck after removing the HDD from the laptop the problem would be the motherboard.
- If BIOS will still load do reset it to defaults by pressing F9 and say YES to the pop up.

ShuckGuy

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015

I can access the BIOS, and I already tried resetting it. I think it's a software problem, not a hardware one (but I'm not really a computer pro, especially NOT on hardware) because the BIOS still works and I just got another BSOD. But it just keeps hanging on the Acer logo and something like "diagnosing you pc"... I'll try what you said and I hope it will work! Thanks!