Windows 10 Crash: Explorer.exe not responding and SearchUI and Shell Experience Host suspended

JackShep

Estimable
Sep 29, 2015
Hi,

After I reinstalled Windows 10 the system is almost not functional. All services depending on Windows Explorer fail/crash/restart, including file manager, control panel, search, start menu, cortana, search, almost everything.

I do have an Nvidia GPU but I have Nvidia last driver installed through Nvidia Geforce Experience.

Explorer. exe is Not Responding and SearchUI and SellExperienceHost are Suspended.

Solution
Hi,

You might need to reinstall Windows 10 in your PC since there might had been some interruptions when you were upgrading it. Load the laptop into safe mode first then roll it back to your original operating system then rerun the Windows 10 upgrade. Make sure all the updates are completely installed before you upgrade back to Windows 10.
Hi,

You might need to reinstall Windows 10 in your PC since there might had been some interruptions when you were upgrading it. Load the laptop into safe mode first then roll it back to your original operating system then rerun the Windows 10 upgrade. Make sure all the updates are completely installed before you upgrade back to Windows 10.

Solution

irelam

Commendable
Mar 5, 2016

I installed a third party file manager, and was able to browse/copy/delete etc without problems. My Windows Explorer seems to be useless if you traverse two or more levels from Root. Seems worse in the last couple of weeks (March 2016
Martin