Windows 10 Laptop Stuck at Loading Screen

Zxcvbn1

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
My laptop is stuck at the Windows (10) log-in screen. After typing in my password, a message of "Welcome" appears alongside the loading icon, however no further progress occurs (it simply continues loading). I have had this laptop for roughly a year, yet this is the first time this issue has occurred. I have both attempted to disconnect any devices (e.g. a mouse) and restart, and also hold down the power button multiple times with no success.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Zxcvbn1

Solution
See if Start up repair will fix it.

on the login screen, before putting password in, click the power button
While holding down shift, click restart
PC will restart and load advanced start up
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

if that doesn't work, lets see if we can get into safe mode - go back into advanced start up same way as above and
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

Colif

Distinguished
See if Start up repair will fix it.

on the login screen, before putting password in, click the power button
While holding down shift, click restart
PC will restart and load advanced start up
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

if that doesn't work, lets see if we can get into safe mode - go back into advanced start up same way as above and
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
PC will restart and load safe mode

Solution

Zxcvbn1

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

Hello Colif,

I am messaging you to inform you that I followed the steps you outlined above, and the second method was effective. Thank you for your help - the issue was rectified.

Very respectfully,
Zxcvbn1