Windows 10 PC will not connect to Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

eemaij

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
Overnight, my computer stopped connecting to my router. I reset router. Disabled and re-enabled my wifi adapter. Plugged by wifi adapter into different ports. The computer does connect to the router but no wifi. It says "identifying" and never stops. Never pulls an IP address.

I then connected my iphone to the computer instead. First via wifi and then via usb. That ALWAYS works on every computer. Same issue. Stuck at "identifying" and never pulls and IP address. No wifi.

Solution

As an ISP tech support rep, I have had a large number of calls since 12/9/16 reporting the same issue. Appears to...

eemaij

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from eemaij : "PC has suddenly stopped accessing internet. Connects to router but no internet."

My Windows 10 PC, which I use daily, suddenly refused to connect to the Internet this morning. I know it's not the router because all our phones, ipads, appletv, etc. are all working fine.

I reset the router. No luck. I disabled and enabled the adapter. Connects to wifi but will not pull an IP address. I tried different ports on the computer.

So I hotspotted my iphone and used that. That always works for me. Same issue. No IP address pulled. Both over wifi and then via USB.

eemaij

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
Sorry about the double post, but I couldn't find the original. Darn newbie.

When I right click on internet icon, it says "Connected, No Internet".

Kimo_ISP_hawaii

Commendable
Dec 11, 2016

As an ISP tech support rep, I have had a large number of calls since 12/9/16 reporting the same issue. Appears to be relate to the TCP/IP stack. Try the following, I have had a lot of success with it:

1. open command prompt (admin)
2. Type: <netsh int ip reset> then Enter
3. Restart PC

Best wishes - Kimo

Solution

eemaij

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
So I finally got my computer to work after resetting everything and basically coming up confused.

I went into the DHCP settings and cliicked on "Stop". Eventually, I got an error message stating that it could not be stopped. I tried a few times. Never worked.

Then I restarted my computer and DHCP worked. IP addresses assigned. No problem connecting.

dimplemiah

Prominent
Oct 5, 2017
Not an answer really but another complaint. Each time I think I've resolved the issue but then windows 10 does an upgrade and and quite often the wifi issues starts all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.