Windows 10 Random Laptop Freeze

LorisDF

Commendable
Aug 24, 2016
I had my laptop for 4 months now and about 1 month ago it started randomly freezing no mouse or touchpad response, backlighting still on, mouse light still on and screen stayed on unless i pushed the power key and turned it back on it started doing it on games then on browser, file explorer and 3 days ago even on the startup screen. it's not a virus i used malwarebytes, windows defender and kaspersky. I got my laptop with windows 10 and the laptop name Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7 512W specs- intel I5 6300 HQ 2.3 GHz 8 gigabites of DDR4 RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960m idk what to do its so unstable now you don't know when its gonna freeze

Solution
If it is giving you that much trouble, and it is only a few months old, I would really suggest contacting the manufacturer as it should still be under warranty.
You can't simply 'reset' a laptop like you can a smartphone. You would have to try and roll it back to a prior time (recovery) or reinstall the whole system. You could be experiencing more problems if you have installed, and uninstalled, a lot of things, leaving a lot of bits and parts hanging around on the system. Also if you are not one to clean out your browser history, cache, etc., that will cause lag.

However, if none of that is the problem, then contacting the manufacturer is the best option on a new device. New devices should not give problems.